Thread: D9

Default D9

Glad I found the sight. For the last several years I have known the where abouts of a D9 that has been sitting with no activity. Due to the expense of refurbishment I had steered away. I was approached by a so called friend the where abouts of this tractor even though I possibly knew of his intent (scrap) I told him where it was. He was unable to locate it so I carried him to the location and informed him I was probably going to get it and for him to steer clear as there was plenty of other material available at the same location, Well this evening I saw his truck pulling the tractor through town. I feel I have let the old girl down. I plan to approach him tomorrow, but then again should probably walk away. Learned one thing though, As my father n law once told me , keep your business to your self.
    Thanks
    Stan

I joined this sight day before yesterday with the intent of a tool for repair.
    Live n learn

Thumbs up

Stan
    GuddayM8
    I can C your disappointment
    Don't worry the next one U find will B Better 4 U
    Sum days
    Seems like: as one door is closed
    Another is shut in your face

cya
    §wishy
    HasBeen
    - : ButEyeDoSt&2BCorrected : -
    Ifn U Get my Drift

well i can definately understand where you are coming from on this. i have had things taken away like that and just kicked myself in the butt for weeks. but anywho, maybe some hope is on the way. i live here in lower pennsylvania, near the West Virgina border, and really close to ohio. the point i am getting at here is, if you have the money, and have the ambition, there sits a D8 out here. unmoved for atleast 4 years as far as i can guess. i have seen the thing run and move and can be one heck of a machine if repaired. i know the guy who owns it and as far as he is concerned, he wont take care of it. probably doesnt need much in repairs. i am just suggesting that you can take hold of this proud piece of machinery if you wanted to. i am sure he would sell it to you. i know for one, if i had the money, i would buy this machine and fix it up. but i am working on my D4 in the final restoration stages and then moving on to my 1952 dodge truck. i have to get the Cat ready for this years national pike steam show in brownsville Pa http://www.nationalpike.com/ . suppose to be huge, so i need to make it look all pretty. be nice to see someone fix the old D8 up. oh i forgot to mention, it is a pony motor start and has hydraulics.

thought i might add another link. has alot of pictures and other antique shows and when they are going on. hope you guys enjoy.

http://www.nesys.org/HCEA/Brownsville.html