Thread: Caterpillar hotrod

Default Caterpillar hotrod

https://youtu.be/DOdsIN2_FEk

Seems pretty cool to me

Damn Hooligans!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Becky

Cute and all, but not a pony start. Now that would be something to film.....
    I'm not afraid of hard work; I can lay down beside it anytime and take a nap.

That's a great point. Theoretically any engine could have a pony start. So, while we all think air start is pretty cool on big trucks, how about a gas turbine or Wankel? Those Solar T12s in the Mosquito XET are a pretty small turboshaft, and their own startup sounds good by itself. So, you could entertain quite a crowd firing up the starting engine by itself before even getting to the big engine : )
    Cheers,
    Neil.

i like the way you think Neil. don't some turbine start on air? you could have it all air turbine starting engine lol.

Well, then you probably need some kind of auxiliary compressor unit to charge the air start tank (I know it's already charged but I'm looking for ways to improve this Rube Goldberg /Heath Robinson...). That's got to extend the startup procedure by at least five minutes, allowing enough time to enable the chicks that were hanging around over by the concessions to wander by and see what all the fuss is about
    Cheers,
    Neil.