Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shakedown at Canandaigua

great to see that pulley being put to good use i am sure your D2 is liking the work out as well. hope you got a pics or better video of the rock crusher that would be neat to see and with out pictures did it rally happen?
    i still see baker fans used at show's around hear wmstr or rollag has 2 set up or did. i have thought about building one to help with brake in of a rebuilt motor but lucky for me i am still "rebuilding " so no need for one yet lol.

More video from yesterday's show. I retorqued the main engine head and then changed the pto / pulley oil after warming it up on the rock crusher.

https://youtu.be/1W0g0Cn-sq4

https://youtu.be/KGwRB1sGZh8

https://youtu.be/FRImJkrIUug

And some stills:

IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Neil--that a good size rock crusher--quite a bit bigger than the one at the Duchess county Fair--is your fuel pressure Gauge reading a bit low??
    Cat 941B, Cat D2 4U, Cat D3B, Cat D4 7U, Cat D6 9U

Neil don't you like the sound of the pony with a straight pipe. (WHAT)
    Chuck C

Heh Chuck, I can't hear the main engine start with all that racket going on, so I have the muffler that I put on for the start and then take it off once the pony stops.
    Dan, yes transfer pump has little output (but obviously enough to run the main engine) so I'm sending it to Bill Walter (or his successor) to have it redone.
    Right-side track tried to make a break for freedom today but we wrangled it back in with a couple of wood blocks and an iron bar. My winter project is now identified.....
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Neil,

Lookin' good running the belt. Glad to see you got it ready and over there for the show.

Is our friend Chum in the crowd there somewhere? If so, what did he bring?

JanM

Didn't see Chum there Jan but plenty of people that know him D8Pete will have some equipment at the Alexander show weekend after Labor Day so we're headed there to join in the fun. Very big crowd at Canandaigua this year.

Met Harold who's on the board of the NYSEA who had a 7U and a Diesel 35 there with a Russell behind the 35. I'll have to catch up with him next year to run the grader around the grounds roads. Need to check a towed grader off my bucket list : )
    They had the pullers there in the evening and my daughter was quite impressed with the clouds of black smoke and the speed that those buggies go down the dragway. I told her the crawlers were much less impressive but they still get to the end
    Cheers,
    Neil.