Thread: D6B Governor Help

Doh D6B Governor Help

Hello, Went out to start the D6B SN#44A10383 to put in shed for the winter. Wouldn't start so after checking all the normal places for fuel, I pulled the cover off the governor and noticed one side of the shaft weights laying in the bottom of the housing. Is it better to pull the governor and IP as a unit or just the governor? Also, Does Cat still have parts for this? Thanks for any help

The governor can be disassembled mounted on the engine. If you want to remove the whole assembly remove the governor and injection pump as a unit. I'd say there is a good chance that Cat will have the parts.

Thanks Old magnet. Is this a common problem on the D6B?

I have a used one still mounted on the engine if you need it. I would like to sell the governor complete vs parting it out. Private message me.
    D2-5J's, D6-9U's, D318 and D333 power units, 12E-99E grader, 922B & 944A wheel loaders, D330C generator set, DW20 water tanker and a bunch of Jersey cows to take care of in my spare time

Quote Originally Posted by dconn View Post
    Thanks Old magnet. Is this a common problem on the D6B?
    No, that is a common governor used on the compact fuel injection system. Rare to see a failure but like everything else they will wear out.