Thread: Big TWENTY fenders - were they changed?

Default Big TWENTY fenders - were they changed?

All,

I own a 1928 "big" TWENTY L 1189 which came to me with flat fenders. I always thought they had been taken from a TWENTY FIVE and added some time in the past. I took them off and replaced them with the curved fenders from a parts tractor. Today I received a picture of a TWENTY in Edmonton from a Canadian friend which also has the flat fenders.

Does anyone have the history on why two different types of fenders exist? All of my parts, operation manuals show the curved fenders and make no reference to "flat" fenders.

The picture with the snow is the one I got today and the other are the two that I own.

004.jpgLeif 20181108_142313_resized.jpg

JanM

Default Big twenty

The pic of the cat in the snow has lots of twenty eight parts on it like the gas tank and manifold and air cleaner . As far as I know flat fenders weren’t a option on a twenty .

The second picture could be a Twenty Eight with a few L/PL Twenty parts thrown on. The finals drives and top rollers are 25/28 and the engine breather was used on the late 25s and the 28s. The front idler bearing, part numbers could be 1B799, 1B778 (early 25s) or 1B5761 or 1B5762 (late 25s and 28s), is also the 25 or 28 style. The snow and distance of the photo makes it hard to see which ones they are.
    Thanks
    Ken
    Last edited by naylorbros; Yesterday at 09:14 AM.

Default Mixmatched????

Ken and Moulding,

Yes the Canadian tractor does look a bit bigger than my TWENTY and probably is a TWENTY EIGHT. I just saw the TWENTY radiator side covers and jumped to a conclusion they were correct. This explains the flat fenders too. Thanks for getting back on this.

JanM