Thread: D7G 92V question

Default D7G 92V question

Was running my D7G the other day and ran it up on a pretty steep slope by a brush pile then backed up about 20 feet and lost all movement like the pump cavitated.

Let its sit till i got back home and cranked it up and ran it for about 3 hours with no problems.

Checked all fluids and they are good. I know it needs the filter changed and the screen cleaned because i have not done it in the 2 years that i have owned it. But i only put maybe 200hrs a year on it. And i know where the machine came from so i know it has been changed.

If i don't know the history on a machine when i buy it then everything gets drained and replaced.

I plan to pull the belly pans in a few weeks and wash everything and i have a few small hydraulics leaks to fix and then i will drain tranny. Anything i need to check for?
    D7G 92V, D7E 47A, HD11EC and alot of other Ag tractors and Brangus Cattle that keep me busy.

Probably just broke suction, we used to run D8's overfull for that reason, they could break suction and off you go backwards, no brakes, steering or hold back of any kind.
    1962 D4C

Quote Originally Posted by DPete View Post
    Probably just broke suction, we used to run D8's overfull for that reason, they could break suction and off you go backwards, no brakes, steering or hold back of any kind.
    Thats kind of what i felt like.
    D7G 92V, D7E 47A, HD11EC and alot of other Ag tractors and Brangus Cattle that keep me busy.

Default Extreme Tilt Operation

Hi Team,
    for the D7E at least, and cannot see that the G would be any different, Cat recommended to overfill the trans by 10% of the trans system volume.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.