Thread: Roads need graded!!! Washboard

Default Roads need graded!!! Washboard

Finally got heavy rain on my roads that need graded. Laid up with hernia operation. Damn! Want to get some smoke in my nose. Wife will go ballistic if I jump on that grader.
    Cat 12 grader, 8T running and restoring, Cat 12 grader 9K3585. parts machine, Adams leaning wheel Pull grader Mod # 22, ser#438

Send her shopping ! 😂
    Operating Blade is so meditating 👍
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1J 3717 Twenty Two
    8T3670 12 Motorgrader W/Ripper
    5J1319 D2 W/Dozer & PTO
    7J9621WSP D4 W/Angle Dozer & Hyster Winch
    5T6544 W D4 W/Dozer
    9B32682 IHC TD9 W/Dozer
    754 Model B John Deere
    1645 Model B John Deere W/Sickle Bar Mower

Default Sounds like you should listen to the wife!

Sorry to say, but having been through the operation myself, and my wife did the same, "stay off that Cat until you are healed, or you will just have to go through it all over again!" And boy, I did not want to go through that a 2nd time. So I am sure you have plenty of friends that would come down an play on your washboard for you, but just not the same. Stay safe and enjoy a good recovery, Tom

Default Smart One.

Hi, Oldbeek.
    Sounds like the wife is the smart one. I'd tell you the same thing, especially with a gear-controlled grader. Now if'n you'd gotten smart yourself and bought a new 'M' series cat grader with the joystick/push button controls, that might be a different story - IF you could organize a way to get up into it without straining your hernia all over again.

And having one of your friends come over and do the deed for you would also be an exquisite form of torture too, having to sit there and watch them have all your fun, wouldn't it

In the meantime, I guess you'll just hafta look at your washboard driveway and - - - - "Suffer, Baby, Suffer".

Sympathetic type, aren't I.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Default Get well Old 🐝 keeper

Hope you make a quick recovery. I’d offer to grade your road with my 8T, but likely make it into a moto cross course instead. You didn’t give yourself a hernia from rotating the grader tires did you? Myself, I have hearing issues because of Old Iron Habit AND Jan Meermans controversial debates over “proper tread direction”. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Offrd3717 View Post
    Send her shopping ! 😂
    Operating Blade is so meditating 👍
    . VERY NICE pics.
    Cat 12 grader, 8T running and restoring, Cat 12 grader 9K3585. parts machine, Adams leaning wheel Pull grader Mod # 22, ser#438

I have 2 different roads out. One is a mile and the other 1/2 mile. The mile is shared with a bunch of hi speed driving neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbeek View Post
    I have 2 different roads out. One is a mile and the other 1/2 mile. The mile is shared with a bunch of hi speed driving neighbors.
    Might need to lift the blade a time or two for some speedy neighbor control.