Thread: How start cat 955 h loader...24volt??

Tongue How start cat 955 h loader...24volt??

For cousin i'm helping...4 cy, turbo, power shift...has master sw/key, by r heel, w/ small lever beside...only i 12 v., # 4 dlt batt @ rear hole, non by driver, ends cut off there...looks like glow plugs?? Dash like my d6b 37a had...where do shifters set, to start?? On xmsn dipstik, one mark below #4f 719...where is full? Two fillers, one belo ser, one belo dash...same fluid?? Youze guys got filter #s, fuel/oil/trans/hyd?? How full on side hyd tank, on r? Acmoc sent me my birthday hello, today, age 77...
    Be blessed, grateful, prepared, nik

Is it factory direct electric start or conversion? Different flywheel ring gear, straight cut vs helical used with pony start.
    That's not correct plunger (dipstick) for the trans. should be a part number 8M8496.
    Start position would be NEUTRAL, ( bottom of "U" shift pattern).
    Filler below engine s/n is crankcase engine oil.
    Filler below dash is transmission oil, use transmission drive train oil TO4 spec.
    Starter and glow plugs would be 24V.
    I don't believe there is a sight glass on the hydraulic tank. If so just fill to withing sight of the filler screen.
    What's the s/n of the machine?
    Congratulations on the big "77".

Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by old magnet View Post
    is it factory direct electric start or conversion? Different flywheel ring gear, straight cut vs helical used with pony start.
    That's not correct plunger (dipstick) for the trans. Should be a part number 8m8496.
    Start position would be neutral, ( bottom of "u" shift pattern).
    Filler below engine s/n is crankcase engine oil.
    Filler below dash is transmission oil, use transmission drive train oil to4 spec.
    Starter and glow plugs would be 24v.
    I don't believe there is a sight glass on the hydraulic tank. If so just fill to withing sight of the filler screen.
    What's the s/n of the machine?
    Congratulations on the big "77".
    thanks, om