Thread: D6 8U trade for Huber ??

Default D6 8U trade for Huber ??

I have a fellow wanting to trade a D1400 Huber motor grader for my D68U series. Any thoughts??

I'll trade my thoughts for your d68u
    Cat D47U
    Allis Chalmers HD3
    No more JD 1010, IH T340

Default Huber

Keep the D68U. catskinner

Quote Originally Posted by nomorejohndeere View Post
    I'll trade my thoughts for your d68u

Mine! Mine! I have better thought!

We need a like button!

Rick

Thumbs down Trade

Quote Originally Posted by oldtanker View Post
    Mine! Mine! I have better thought!

We need a like button!

Rick
    I posed this question as I needed aserious answer. Since I now have a D6D I no longer need the D6 8U. However, by discussing the trade with a serious and experienced mechanic online, I have decided to trade for another 112. It takes me about 5 minutes to get my computer logged into ACMOC to only find that the reply to my post was a bunch of B.S.

Default Serious Answwers. Serious 'Kwestyun'????????????????????

Hi, crbearden
    I faintly suspect that if you had given all the details in your FIRST post that you gave in your last post, you may very well have gotten some different and more to-the-point answers.

NOBODY that I know of in their right mind would swap a D6 8U for a Huber grader - UNLESS they had more use for the grader than the dozer - which it now becomes apparent is your case since you have the D6D to do what the 8U would have been doing.

In view of your last post, I would have said that if you had more work for the Huber than the Cat, then do the swap. BUTTTT, that is all rhetorical now since you didn't give the full story in your first post and you have now swapped the 8U for a 112 blade.

I hope it works out for you.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Default Touche

Deas:
    You are correct. I did not give enough information. At the time I posted that question I did not know that a Huber grader was so hard to find parts for. I have a pair of Galion 503 graders, one with a gas start diesel IHC engine, and the other with a Cummins 250 engine. the IHC one was running when parked 15 years ago. I also have a Champion XXXX with a 6-71 detroit that needs 13 cylinders rebuilt. However, with all those the one I go to is the 112 46D I think it is an F series. Due to the loss of my Dad, life, and a herd of cattle getting in the way of projects, the Champion is still sitting as has been the D6 since 2010. A broken back and bad knee causes me to only get about 4 hours of work done in a day. With no hired help with mechanical knowledge, and none available to teach the skills to, I just keep working in the shade, head down butt up... The old D6 has always sounded like it was missing at idle, I have tried to determine what was the cause but I never removed the heads since the price of gaskets was out of reach at the time. What with a new home loan, farm equipment, etc.... I had several sets of gaskets and filters and over $30K of parts that got burned up in a storage van when a grass fire got loose.
    Finally, I have a few years left to play with my toys and I just want to get something that runs and is reasonable dependable and get rid of the rest. I have over 30 acres of old trucks, farm equipment, and industrial equipment that needs to find a new home...

Default Thirty acres????????????????

Hi, crbearden.
    THIRTY ACRES of old machines??????? And NOBODY to hand it down to??????????? Do I smell an auction coming up in your future? NO scrappers allowed?

Just settle down and enjoy them when and while you can and I hope that is a while yet.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Post some pics of your cool stuff

maybe you got something I want and could trade you some help.......
    Cat D47U
    Allis Chalmers HD3
    No more JD 1010, IH T340

Default D6 8u

I'll have you know my answer was not BS. The other graders you list is not worth the dynamite to blow them up.
    The CAT 112 is a good old grader as I ran one for the city for over 15 years. NOT BS. catskinner