Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Courtland Pear Fair 2019

Becky Courtland Pear Fair 2019

Hi everyone. Putting this out here while itís still fresh in my mind:
    Courtland Pear Fair 2019 (Courtland, CA) on the banks of the Sacramento River will be July 28th (always the last Sunday of July).
    Celebrating the Bartlett Pear! Small town parade, vendors, food, music and displays....
    Funds raised by various groups help support the local fire department, schools and local community...
    On behalf of Chapter 15 Cal Sierra Tracklayers, we will set up a small display of crawler tractors as well as an information booth for ACMOC. Last year I had the privilege of meeting many current and former club members. Met up with several folks from as far away as Connecticut and Ohio that were interested in joining!
    We have permission to expand upon this little gathering. If anyone would like to display their tractor or CAT paraphernalia, please contact me....the more the merrier! If not, at least feel free to stop by and say....HI!
    Your chance at having your photo taken with the infamous ďChuckyĒ tractor seat generously donated by Juan Ha Ha Hahn seats (CrawlerDollar$$$ and D4Angelo aka GoldenGreek). Thank you all, JM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Hi everyone. Putting this out here while itís still fresh in my mind:
    Courtland Pear Fair 2019 (Courtland, CA) on the banks of the Sacramento River will be July 28th (always the last Sunday of July).
    Celebrating the Bartlett Pear! Small town parade, vendors, food, music and displays....
    Funds raised by various groups help support the local fire department, schools and local community...
    On behalf of Chapter 15 Cal Sierra Tracklayers, we will set up a small display of crawler tractors as well as an information booth for ACMOC. Last year I had the privilege of meeting many current and former club members. Met up with several folks from as far away as Connecticut and Ohio that were interested in joining!
    We have permission to expand upon this little gathering. If anyone would like to display their tractor or CAT paraphernalia, please contact me....the more the merrier! If not, at least feel free to stop by and say....HI!
    Your chance at having your photo taken with the infamous ďChuckyĒ tractor seat generously donated by Juan Ha Ha Hahn seats (CrawlerDollar$$$ and D4Angelo aka GoldenGreek). Thank you all, JM
    One of my favorite little taverns, er town. I love that area.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon

Confused Stomping grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by old-iron-habit View Post
    One of my favorite little taverns, er town. I love that area.
    Roger: Which of the watering holes did you frequent? Al The Wopís, Giustiís, Freeport Inn, Pheasant Club? Am I missing some? JM

JM, the answer to your question will be "yes" : )
    Cheers,
    Neil.

The Pear Fair is a charming small town event that draws a good audience. The tractors were located between the parking field and the action surrounding the big tent. Pear contests, eating, and BBQ of all sorts for the young of heart. Walk on by and learn about some of the early tractors that moved the infrastructure into place that formed the Courtland Pear industry. It's a good fit and a patriotic group that cheers on a parade of vehicles and of course the local Pear Queen. https://pearfair.com/ Let Juiceman know if you intend to bring your old iron and represent your ACMOC Chapter.

Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Roger: Which of the watering holes did you frequent? Al The Wopís, Giustiís, Freeport Inn, Pheasant Club? Am I missing some? JM
    JM,

I never miss the opportunity to stop in at Giusti's when I am in the area. Always good food!

Missed you at the SM show!

JanM

Hope to be at SM next year! Its a good event.

Ciao

Bored

Quote Originally Posted by janmeermans View Post
    JM,

I never miss the opportunity to stop in at Giusti's when I am in the area. Always good food!

Missed you at the SM show!

JanM
    That sounds like youíre inviting me to lunch Jan. I will gladly allow you to purchase my lunch and several adult beverages. You can even tell me the story of Chumduffy and your D8 from back East! Sorry we missed SM too, planning for next year as long as we survive cherries 🍒 here 2019.

Smokin Bumping up Pear Fair

Just bumping this earlier post back up. Anyone wishing to bring one (or several) of their tractors to display, please reach out to me so we may coordinate. Ideally you bring it very early AM of the venue, or the evening before. I believe the parade has openings still for vehicles that wonít tear up the streets. I can bring my D2 with rubber pads if someone wants to operate it. We are hoping that Dave Marciel and his brother will bring one of their Holt or Best tractors as well. We may be able to help some of you get your tractors there and back, if you donít have a means of moving it. Also hoping to get a few classic trucks there to add to the effect. Small town low key deal. Should be fun. Stop on by and introduce yourself!!! JM

Default Excuse BLOWN - Literally.

Hi, Juiceman.
    Just might be that your 'excuse' for not being at BOTW this year has been BLOWN away. WHAT a way to make a living.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBe9GEhc7pE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsnTE5TmyW8

Comments??????????????

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.