Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Courtland Pear Fair 2019

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    yuba city,california
    Posts
    1,109

    Becky Courtland Pear Fair 2019

    Hi everyone. Putting this out here while itís still fresh in my mind:
    Courtland Pear Fair 2019 (Courtland, CA) on the banks of the Sacramento River will be July 28th (always the last Sunday of July).
    Celebrating the Bartlett Pear! Small town parade, vendors, food, music and displays....
    Funds raised by various groups help support the local fire department, schools and local community...
    On behalf of Chapter 15 Cal Sierra Tracklayers, we will set up a small display of crawler tractors as well as an information booth for ACMOC. Last year I had the privilege of meeting many current and former club members. Met up with several folks from as far away as Connecticut and Ohio that were interested in joining!
    We have permission to expand upon this little gathering. If anyone would like to display their tractor or CAT paraphernalia, please contact me....the more the merrier! If not, at least feel free to stop by and say....HI!
    Your chance at having your photo taken with the infamous ďChuckyĒ tractor seat generously donated by Juan Ha Ha Hahn seats (CrawlerDollar$$$ and D4Angelo aka GoldenGreek). Thank you all, JM
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Moose Lake, MN, USA
    Posts
    3,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Hi everyone. Putting this out here while itís still fresh in my mind:
    Courtland Pear Fair 2019 (Courtland, CA) on the banks of the Sacramento River will be July 28th (always the last Sunday of July).
    Celebrating the Bartlett Pear! Small town parade, vendors, food, music and displays....
    Funds raised by various groups help support the local fire department, schools and local community...
    On behalf of Chapter 15 Cal Sierra Tracklayers, we will set up a small display of crawler tractors as well as an information booth for ACMOC. Last year I had the privilege of meeting many current and former club members. Met up with several folks from as far away as Connecticut and Ohio that were interested in joining!
    We have permission to expand upon this little gathering. If anyone would like to display their tractor or CAT paraphernalia, please contact me....the more the merrier! If not, at least feel free to stop by and say....HI!
    Your chance at having your photo taken with the infamous ďChuckyĒ tractor seat generously donated by Juan Ha Ha Hahn seats (CrawlerDollar$$$ and D4Angelo aka GoldenGreek). Thank you all, JM
    One of my favorite little taverns, er town. I love that area.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    yuba city,california
    Posts
    1,109

    Confused Stomping grounds?

    Quote Originally Posted by old-iron-habit View Post
    One of my favorite little taverns, er town. I love that area.
    Roger: Which of the watering holes did you frequent? Al The Wopís, Giustiís, Freeport Inn, Pheasant Club? Am I missing some? JM

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsford NY
    Posts
    4,188

    Default

    JM, the answer to your question will be "yes" : )
    Cheers,
    Neil.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    The Pear Fair is a charming small town event that draws a good audience. The tractors were located between the parking field and the action surrounding the big tent. Pear contests, eating, and BBQ of all sorts for the young of heart. Walk on by and learn about some of the early tractors that moved the infrastructure into place that formed the Courtland Pear industry. It's a good fit and a patriotic group that cheers on a parade of vehicles and of course the local Pear Queen. https://pearfair.com/ Let Juiceman know if you intend to bring your old iron and represent your ACMOC Chapter.

    Ciao

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Poway, CA
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Roger: Which of the watering holes did you frequent? Al The Wopís, Giustiís, Freeport Inn, Pheasant Club? Am I missing some? JM
    JM,

    I never miss the opportunity to stop in at Giusti's when I am in the area. Always good food!

    Missed you at the SM show!

    JanM

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hope to be at SM next year! Its a good event.

    Ciao

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    yuba city,california
    Posts
    1,109

    Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by janmeermans View Post
    JM,

    I never miss the opportunity to stop in at Giusti's when I am in the area. Always good food!

    Missed you at the SM show!

    JanM
    That sounds like youíre inviting me to lunch Jan. I will gladly allow you to purchase my lunch and several adult beverages. You can even tell me the story of Chumduffy and your D8 from back East! Sorry we missed SM too, planning for next year as long as we survive cherries 🍒 here 2019.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •