Thread: robins put D2 on hold

Default robins put D2 on hold

I tried to fire up the D2 which had been "running when parked" last fall. the pony would not start. cleaned the plugs even though they were not dirty. tried ether. took the filter bowl off and voila! it was choked full of black gunk. I don't know what it was or how it got in as I had (I thought) thoroughly cleaned the tank 2 years ago. cleaned out the bowl and started to pull the hose when a robin flew out of the rafters. found a row of nests in the rafters, at least one occupied. I apologized and made my exit as the noise of the pony if not the smoke of the diesel would surely have wreaked havoc with the birds. the good news is robins are usually through with their nests in 2 or 3 weeks. the D2 can wait.

I had a robin camped out at my sawmill this spring but i think the noise was to much for her when i started cutting she left

funny thing is I had a duck was sitting on her nest under my 12 grader hood gave me quite the fright with I picked it up to put back on the old girl after fixing the pony motor. so I just sat it back down and said I don't need the hood to run and left it for another day. but I still graded the yard before quitting for the day.