Thread: Discing today!

Madgrin Discing today!

Today we pulled the plug on CherryFest 2019! 30 plus days of organized chaos we say.
    I decided to take a break and visit my aging mom and mooch some lunch while visiting. Boy, that comes with a price.....she says to me that if I want to continue getting home cooked meals, I have to help prepare her gardening area....be a good son and disc! Okay Mom!!!
    I didnít care if it was 101 degrees, it felt good to get extra crispy and eat some dust....
    After 45 minutes of tracks clanking and churning, she said thank you, but I want you to finish the job using the CATERPILLAR, it does a BETTER JOB!!! Oops, motherís always seem to know better; I was being lazy and opted to use my orange AC HD6E. My bad, sorry! No pictures, so it may or may not have happened...LOL.
    Apologies for the rambling. Iím just happy today!
    Old photos for your lurking pleasure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default SHAME On You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Juiceman.
    SHAME On You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all these years, you SHOULD have KNOWN that and 'gotterdunn' right the FIRST time.

And you transgressed with that despicable Persian Orange color too. Go sit in the corner with your regular - WELL-worn - dunce cap on for 45 minutes.

LOL.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Default mom's know best

Pays to listen to mom, huh! Good to see you get some seat time with the cat! Could maybe have picked a hotter day? Love the smell of the fresh turned earth with a little diesel exhaust mixed in, specially if it comes from a big yellow machine! Thank you for sharing!

Doh More gardening

Yeah guys, what can I say. Moms are pretty smart. She didnít hear the pony engine, so she came out to assess the situation. Iíll be the good son today and do some more discing with my 9U and trusty Killefer disc. Here are some other gardening photos by Elk Grove, CA.

I'm envious JM. Is that a load of compost? What's it derived from? Our town makes it from all the yard waste and they can't get rid of it fast enough so it's free to take
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Default Medicinal compost

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm envious JM. Is that a load of compost? What's it derived from? Our town makes it from all the yard waste and they can't get rid of it fast enough so it's free to take

My buddy from Sacramento has a soil amendment business. I donít know exactly what/how they manufacture it, but itís good stuff. They bag it and supply many of the ACE Hardware stores throughout California. Rumor is some of the indoor medicinal ďherbĒ growers would have him custom blend in multiple truckloads for their operations. We are only using this for a vegetable garden here. For his efforts, he gets a bag of veggies. We will have more delivered to amend this mixture of clay soil.

Had to flip you over,the juice was running out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gary in CA; 06-13-2019 at 01:37 PM.

I figured that third picture was taken in Australia!! That sure is a good looking 44A. Lol

BP.
    Holt 45 power unit, Two Ton, Sixty (2), Diesel 40, No.11 AutoPatrol, 4G D4, 9U D6, 17R D6C, 9G D7, 7M D7, DW20.

Default Where??????????

Hi, Bruce P.
    So where was the second photo taken, somewhere in Equatorial Africa, or maybe 'way down South' in Ecuador?????

A kew-ree-yuss mind would like to know.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

I think there may have been some outdoor grows mixed in with that many moon ago.