Thread: Any small usable graders in Western NY to borrow?

Default Any small usable graders in Western NY to borrow?

New acquaintance has a gravel drive in need of attention . Needs to fit on Tim's 24' gooseneck
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    New acquaintance has a gravel drive in need of attention . Needs to fit on Tim's 24' gooseneck
    Oh good gracious Neil. Take your small idler D2 over, drop the blade, and make it look as pretty as any grader could. Have some fun while you are at it. Please post the video of the action.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon

Neil,

Why not do it right and have Chum bring up the Cat 16! You could take a few trees out and widen the driveway a bit while you are at it!

JanM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Two Bob Each Way?????????????????

Hi, Jan M.
    Here in DowNuda, way back in the dim and distant past while we still hadda currency modelled on the British system of pounds, shillings and pence, we useta have an expression, "Having two bob each way." Basically it referred to an each-way bet on the horses, two bob to win and two bob for a place - a 'bob' being a shilling in the old currency.

I see Chum is having "two bob each way" on the left hand drive tires on his 16E grader. Could that be so that he has better traction to get out of soft spots?

A kew-ree-yuss mind would like to know.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Quote Originally Posted by old-iron-habit View Post
    Oh good gracious Neil. Take your small idler D2 over, drop the blade, and make it look as pretty as any grader could. Have some fun while you are at it. Please post the video of the action.
    You're going to need more popcorn for that lark!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Thumb

Chum lives in a valley between the Alleghany Mountains. I would figure that all he grades is not flat ground which means on a hill road he may need to back up to get straightened around. Some of them can be pretty steep needing that extra traction backing uphill?
    Just guessing both left and right are on backwards. If it is only one tire, then all bets are off!

Quote Originally Posted by janmeermans View Post
    Neil,

Why not do it right and have Chum bring up the Cat 16! You could take a few trees out and widen the driveway a bit while you are at it!

JanM
    Clearly this was at a time when Caterpillar was experimenting with multi directional traction control technology or maybe the kid at the tire store put the tire on backwards I'm not really sure

Strictly speaking it's Pete's 16 but he and Chum might do a swap one day as Chum has a 112 or 212 that Pete wants, plus the 16 lives at Chum's place. I can't say I remember which way round the other two tires are, but with that big digger, tire direction seems irrelevant. It's like a D8 on wheels - it can push!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

d2 for the win. last year ironman came out and help on the road in to my cabin. if it's really bad your are going to want to cut all down then pull it back up. sounds like a very good play day to me. you will be able to put all your hard work to the test. check out my you tube if you need to see how it's done.