Thread: D69u starting motor

Default D69u starting motor

I posted question on how to remove electric start motor. The answers said that heat is needed along with tapping to loosen the motor that slides out of the housing that holds it in place.
    I removed the one bolt that holds the motor in place. I have heated the housing and tapped on the motor until blue in the face. No luck.

Other suggestions? Am I missing something in my procedure?

clark4u9u

Default D6

You could use wd40 lubrifiant or ATC oil between the startor and housing and knock in front startor easy he should going out.

More heat, more tapping!
    D2-5J's, D6-9U's, D318 and D333 power units, 12E-99E grader, 922B & 944A wheel loaders, D330C generator set, DW20 water tanker and a bunch of Jersey cows to take care of in my spare time

You're not missing anything- chill the motor and heat the bracket and tap tap tap
    Cheers,
    Neil.

More loose juice and tapping. There is a space between starter motor and bracket you can use a pry bar when tapping,another pair of hands helps.

Lots and lots of anti seize when you put it together.

Use the copper anti-seize when you reassemble. Also run a visual inspection to verify that someone hasn't run a bead between the motor and bracket; unlikely but you never know with farmer fixes. But most likely just rust-seized
    Cheers,
    Neil.