2019 Gone Farmin' Fall Premier Auction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You may not like THIS either...

I live in California and I'm not rich. I happen to have some older Cats that run well, put out a lot of work and I use them frequently. I'd like to know more about the "good ole boys". You can click on my name and review my posts. I try to help out when I can. Categorizing people into a certain class is unfair. That appears for face value to indicate an inferiority complex and a lack of self esteem. Let's be above that and enjoy the board for the good it provides all of us as a whole. If you choose to move on and quit the BB, that's unfortunate. I have taken a multitude of information away that has saved me a lot of time and money. I will happily keep my membership current.
    Last edited by Paso Bob; 08-14-2019 at 11:10 PM.
    D-4 7U-43159 with 4S dozer and Cat 40 scraper, D-7 3T-1179 with Cat 7S hydraulic dozer, D-7 17A 13,944, D-8 14A-1160 with Cat 8S cable dozer, Cat 12-99E-4433 Grader. All runners and users.

Default Membership Status

My membership is current and will be kept that way.
    John Liebermann
    2 9U's, 5J, IHC544, Ford860, (All working farm tractors)
    cojhl2@gmail.com

Wow...I'm at a loss for words. ronm and U-joint...I'm sorry that you feel this way and wish you both all the best.

I'd love to say more, but I'm not rich and need to get my ass back to work.
    R2 4J, D2 4U, D2 5U, D4 7U

ronm, I am highly offended and pissed off and feel embarrassed for you about the good ole boy rich Californians comment you made. Which ones are you referring to ,the late and good friend Glen Ghillotti,spent tens of thousands of dollars moving his equipment to and from the shows so others can enjoy along with huge donations.Glen and I would talk almost daily sometimes at 200 am about work or upcoming shows, or the Veerkamps, or Tom Madden who spends ungodly amount of hours organizing the shows Like the Best of the West,or Juiceman who takes several loads of Old Cats so others can enjoy as well, or are you referring to the retired government workers with big pensions that just like old Cats.The majority of the people I associate with don't know what a 40 hour week, 7-330 or 8-5 job is.Oh I am not rich either but I am one of the good ole boys,because I work long hours , deal with the California regs bs, like many others on here.I can only assume by your stupid comment you only work 40 hours a week and no holidays or weekends.

I to am happy with keeping my membership current.

OK, D4e, and everybody needs to take a deep breath here, and go back and read my post. I said I USED TO get irritated, but came to a different opinion. I never met Glen Ghilloti personally, but had some conversations with him by PM.I considered him a friend and felt the loss when he passed. He did amazing things for the hobby and the club, which was his right, he had the resources and used them. The other "Californian" I made reference to was Garlic Pete. Maybe not so "rich ", but his stories and adventures were always entertaining. I know he has backed away from posting much any more for whatever reasons, and I miss that too. . .
    The intent wasn't to offend everyone who lives in California , I know there are many fine people in your state, and I know you're not all rich...Good Lord...
    Also, I never used the term "good old boys ", that was brought in by another poster who apparently has a lot bigger axe to grind than I do. Which is his right too, we talked via PM and I totally understand where he's coming from. ..
    My post was intended, as I said, as constructive criticism and insight about declining membership, which I know is a concern. Another poster may have run with it in a little different direction. I can't help that, but don't confuse his opinions with mine...
    I totally understand the rich history and tradition Caterpillar has in California, and you guys are to be commended for keeping it alive.
    So there it is, take my post for what it was, no need to get defensive and blow it all out of proportion...
    Last edited by ronm; 08-16-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Ronm, thanks for clarification , were good. I just sent you a pm . Take care

I just want to be "RICH".
    D4 6U,1943 D4 2T,Laplant Choate C41 Carrimor Scraper

Every internet forum has its "know it all's", including this one. However, in comparison to the rest of the internet out there, these forums are still the best when it comes to information, especially when in a bind. Unfortunately, as time passes on we keep losing the guys with all the good information, like Bob Ont. etc.
    Last edited by ETD66SS; 08-16-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Must be the weather, or the moon phase,.......or the chemical the government is putting in con trails.

As I have put my foot in mouth with such comments on other forums lately,forgive me now. And if you didn't get it that was a poor California joke. Because California has to have had help to become so far left,so con trails are as good as most excuses.

But the last several weeks every forum I follow has had people a little extra touchy. But even though different opinions have been expressed, the conversation has been very civil. So thank you to all for that,and having not started a real fight. Now back to more stuff like pictures of Cats making smoke and dust.