Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #&^$#*^$% Hail Storm

If I remember correctly the only laminated glass in a vehicle such as a car or truck are the windshield and rear window, the rest are tempered. As far as equipment goes, I have broken glass in my Ford 575 backhoe, and it was tempered, not laminated.

I just called my local glass shop. He said, yes they still carry sheets of laminated auto glass. He can cut me a new one to size.
    Cat 12 grader, 8T6995 running and restoring, Cat 12 grader 9K3585. parts machine, Adams leaning wheel Pull grader Mod # 22, ser#438

Thumb Thanks for all the Great advice and info

Many thanks to all for the great advice and information. That is a great example of what this bulletin board is all about.

I found a glass shop that knows exactly what I now need and thanks to the helpful info from you on this board I could intelligently talk to him about the type of glass etc. He even can make the new "gaskets" for the glass also and cut the laminated glass to size and even round the corners. Probably won't get him to do it until next month as there is plenty of other glass that need replaced in homes and buildings in the area.

You guys saved me enough moolah to pay for the next three years ACMOC club membership!!

Thanks
    D4Jim
    D47U (1950), 3U 112 Grader (1949), Cat 40 Scraper ACMOC Member 19 years