2019 Gone Farmin' Fall Premier Auction

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: low on power, injection pump worth rebuilding?

just got my new glow plugs in today and trying to reinstall(had trouble getting old ones out too), they don't seem to want to go down into hole, any advise?

I'm a little afraid to hammer them in, not even getting to threads, could have taking the injectors in and out knocking something out of whack that needs to be indexed to get these boogers to line up?????

Quote Originally Posted by haywood View Post
    just got my new glow plugs in today and trying to reinstall(had trouble getting old ones out too), they don't seem to want to go down into hole, any advise?

I'm a little afraid to hammer them in, not even getting to threads, could have taking the injectors in and out knocking something out of whack that needs to be indexed to get these boogers to line up?????
    nveermind I think it was just carbon in hole cleaned out got them back in off to fuel filters next after I get glow plug harness working

well got the new filters on the machine today and it seems to be running worse

even cleaned out the stupid tank

number three when you crack the line with engine running at injectin pump seems to be spitting some air with or frothy with it compared to the others, also noticed a drop in fuel pressure now under load on the main gauge

Still air in the system?
    Or it sounds like #3 injector "valve" could be allowing compression back into the line. Does it cause a similar difference in the idle quality as the other 3 when you cut them out one at a time by loosening the lines?
    D2-5J's, D6-9U's, D318 and D333 power units, 12E-99E grader, 922B & 944A wheel loaders, D330C generator set, DW20 water tanker and a bunch of Jersey cows to take care of in my spare time

well I fixed it, sort of:-)

Rigged up a Holly red pump inline just below tank and the machine has tons more power, it's dark didn't run it very much but was able to cut the brake in second gear which it has never been able to do

little sucker blew off a jerry rigged hose near the pump, what a mess kinking line and stabbing that sucker, gonna tighten hose clamps down i'm afraid this pump could make a pretty good leak and the machine still run just fine, I think it blew out a gallon of fuel before I could get to it!

Does anyone know how many PSI the low pressure pump is supposed to keep in the tank before the high pressure pumps and the specs on the PSI for the high pressure side?

I've got a dummy guage........red or green, also hoping not to cause problems by putting to forcing to much fuel to that first fuel pump, I guess if it doesn't leak then it is OK.

20 psi to the fuel tower.
    Cat 12 grader, 8T6995 running and restoring, Cat 12 grader 9K3585. parts machine, Adams leaning wheel Pull grader Mod # 22, ser#438