2019 Gone Farmin' Fall Premier Auction

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: One for the experts - Cat 637D scraper.

Confused Thank You Team

Hi All,
    great pix from the Net Phil, they now give a better understanding of that area of the two systems.
    I still feel there is a small fuel line connected to the Hyd circuit somewhere in a secluded area--anyone's guess now.

If this is still a fully operational scraper then the only small hydraulic line I can think of that would go back to the Hyd Tank at the front end would be a drain line/s from the ejector and/or floor cylinders--seem to recall a small fitting on the rod end of the ejector cylinder, I think, to drain leakage oil from the telescoping cylinder rods--I stand to be corrected on this Hyd. oil line as I have no literature to check the Hyd. Circuit Schematics in.

A sit down and study of both the Fuel and Hyd. System Schematics would be my first plan of attack now would be to suss out the layout and function of relevant Fuel and Hyd. Lines.

Rome K/G,
    good thought Mate BUT, cannot recall if this should be an 8 or if a later model, 7 speed fully oil circuit semi automatic trans. in this machine--I have mislayed my Used Equipment Playback Book which tells most about iterations of machines up to the print date.

From here I cannot think of much else to add at present http://www.acmoc.org/bb/images/icons/confused.gif

Cheers,
    Eddie B.

Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    Hi All,
    great pix from the Net Phil, they now give a better understanding of that area of the two systems.
    I still feel there is a small fuel line connected to the Hyd circuit somewhere in a secluded area--anyone's guess now.

If this is still a fully operational scraper then the only small hydraulic line I can think of that would go back to the Hyd Tank at the front end would be a drain line/s from the ejector and/or floor cylinders--seem to recall a small fitting on the rod end of the ejector cylinder, I think, to drain leakage oil from the telescoping cylinder rods--I stand to be corrected on this Hyd. oil line as I have no literature to check the Hyd. Circuit Schematics in.

A sit down and study of both the Fuel and Hyd. System Schematics would be my first plan of attack now would be to suss out the layout and function of relevant Fuel and Hyd. Lines.

Rome K/G,
    good thought Mate BUT, cannot recall if this should be an 8 or if a later model, 7 speed fully oil circuit semi automatic trans. in this machine--I have mislayed my Used Equipment Playback Book which tells most about iterations of machines up to the print date.

From here I cannot think of much else to add at present http://www.acmoc.org/bb/images/icons/confused.gif

Cheers,
    Eddie B.
    I was just wondering if a hydraulic pump was driven off the converter and the seal was bad drawing fuel into the hyd. oil. But if it doesn't have a fuel oil converter that would rule that out.

What about a crossed up line connecting the hyd system to the rear fuel tank?
    Twenty L590. Thirty PS8863. RD6 2h1517. #10 Autopatrol 2K701
    #11 Autopatrol 6k611. #11 Autopatrol 9F. #40 Scraper 1w5325.
    D2 5U4030. D4 7U 22120. D6 9U11633SP. 2 D311 gensets

Question Crossed Lines

Hi, 657cat.
    Thanks for the thought. We have looked at that. The overflow fuel line from the rear injection pump does seem to be returning to the rear fuel tank. Also, it appears that this 'leak' is a gravity flow 'cos we can watch the level rising in the hydraulic tank sight gauge when we drain that tank down to its normal working level. About like watching grass grow or paint dry but it is noticeable.

Also, as far as I am aware, there is normally no fuel connection between front and rear of the scraper - and we can't find one either.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.