Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread: Stuck In Hawaii D9G Still Wont start!!! Bad Injection Pump????

What rubber boots? I'm not seeing any rubber boots called out in the parts diagrams.

If it's the steering clutch control then there are lip type seals on the shafts but no boots like on the front of the old clutch booster controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome K/G View Post
    If it's the steering clutch control then there are lip type seals on the shafts but no boots like on the front of the old clutch booster controls.

Rome you are correct they must be lip seals on the steering clutches....

Good to hear from you! Those orings around the top of the chambers can go bad and look like oil but it is coolant, drain the coolant down and remove the chamber and clean the ring surface area on the head good, clean the prechamber if reusable, anti-seize the threads and oil the oring and around the head area, install bottom washer, torque chamber to 200 ft lbs. I dont know if you have the special tool to remove the chambers? Its the splined bolt type.
    Good to here from you too! I do believe that it is oil as it is black and not coolant... I took a picture and need to really take off the hood to get in their properly.... I know it its not the head gasket just the oil is dripping from above and runs the length of the head and it appeared to be the head at first but it super wet on top... That is why I believe it is the pre-cup or pre-chamber....Any suggestions would help with what you guys might be thinking... I know the pre-cups have o rings and I was thinking only coolant as the cups are surrounded by coolant... Let me know your thoughts...

Unless the rocker box gasket has a bad leak right by the prechamber. I would steam clean it then run it some more and recheck it.

Unless the rocker box gasket has a bad leak right by the prechamber. I would steam clean it then run it some more and recheck it.
    Ok will do and get back to you....

Leaking on top of the head around #3, I would bet a rocker box gasket, decompression shaft seal (between the 2 boxes) or even a crack in a rocker box near the seal area.
    Cat 12 grader, 8T6995 running and restoring, Cat 12 grader 9K3585. parts machine, Adams leaning wheel Pull grader Mod # 22, ser#438

Quote Originally Posted by oldbeek View Post
    Leaking on top of the head around #3, I would bet a rocker box gasket, decompression shaft seal (between the 2 boxes) or even a crack in a rocker box near the seal area.

I will bet you are correct... It seems it cannot be the pre-chamber as from what I have read is only the coolant...

Any idea on Part number for the lip type seals on the steering clutch control???

The oil leak was the rocker boxes gasket for 123. I ordered all the parts for the old girl and am planning on doing both not just the ones leaking.... I am going to need to fix the steering clutch control leak as she is leaking pretty good through those seals...

Lastly, The ripper all 4 actuator seals need to be repacked... Then she should be good for a minute until a hose bursts.... LOL.... Oh the joys of owning an old girl that needs attention... She is strong though and my god can you do a ton of work in a short amount of time....

Stay safe.....