Thread: Cat D2 Traxcavator

Default Cat D2 Traxcavator

Are these common? Picked this guy up and honestly canít find another with a simulator loader cage on it. Doesnít really look retro fitted to the D2. Its a Teale loader cage. Working through its issues now. Stuck main clutch left track clutch has issues. Nothings every easy. Just kind of wondered how common there were. DDC91BEC-465F-471B-9C4D-C38FA92DD303.jpg

Arburris, any chance of some photos of the mounting for the rippers? My brother has a D2 that we think started life as a traxcavator, but the hydraulics look very different than yours. It is earlier (a 5J) and has the 5 roller bottom with solid suspension. I had thought that all Traxcavators had 5 roller bottoms, but I really dont know. Interesting!!! Grant

For sure. Iíll get some pictures tomorrow of how that ripper mounts !

Hope that helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, those are pretty interesting mounts. I wonder if there is a manufacturers plate on them. They look professional. Thanks again. Grant.

It is amazing that there were so many companies building things for Cats. From how far forward the bucket is, I would expect that extra weight would be needed in the rear. Rippers, winch, backhoe? etc. I have a set of Drott rippers that I plan on putting on the back of my D4 6U. I had considered putting them on my D2 which is why I requested the photos. They came from an IH TD6. Its all good iron. Thanks for the info. Grant.

Honestly Iím the spring Iíll
    Prob pull the rippers off this one if I can find a winch. Be much more usefull to
    Me.