Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corrosion in fuel filter tower???

GrantJ - this link should help. I'm in the process of doing the same for my D2. http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.p...r-for-a-Cat-D2

CAT YELLOW, the last under the seat filter photo looks best for me. I am going to mount a set of braces from a Hyster winch mount so the filter will be protected from the rear. It will be safe but reachable and should save the sock filters. That is a great link. Thanks, Grant.

I put my inline filter just prior to the transfer pump. My reasoning is that it has a condensation bowl on it and I'd look at it every time I started the tractor, and also because it seemed more protected in that position than at the back, but the benefit of having it at the back is that it's more accessible and probably easier to capture any spillage.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I revived a D6 that had a large amount of rust in the fuel tank and added a in line filter to save the tower filters. Gave up and changed the fuel tank,but left the in line. Much easier to change and have never found anything in the tower filters. So it has been 3 years since I have looked at them. I have had to order them to get the 1/2 inch barb,but still a cheaper way to go without mounting the base for spine on.

If you do any business with Napa ask about the filter sale they do twice a year (seems different times at different stores).

Quote Originally Posted by Ray54 View Post
    I revived a D6 that had a large amount of rust in the fuel tank and added a in line filter to save the tower filters. Gave up and changed the fuel tank,but left the in line. Much easier to change and have never found anything in the tower filters. So it has been 3 years since I have looked at them. I have had to order them to get the 1/2 inch barb,but still a cheaper way to go without mounting the base for spine on.

If you do any business with Napa ask about the filter sale they do twice a year (seems different times at different stores).
    -my local Napa store has the filter sale too.....usually in the springtime
    Caterpillar D6C 99J