Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheesh there’s a lot of idiots....

"Are you kiddin me???? OOOH KIDGGIT!! Boss is gunna love the comission on this moving violation! OOH this horrendous!!!!! I love it!! I love it!! What a bunch a dipsticks!!!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok so I see what not to do. What would be the correct way to chain it down? Both times my d6b was moved the fellas used a ratcheting tensioner on a track shoe to the trailer.
    Are there basic rules to follow when chaining down equipment?
    Last edited by Dizzel; 02-14-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Yes there are different types of securing loads, Canada requirements may be different than U.S. regs, There is a requirement for so many chains per lb of machine or load. Of coarse chain grades also. I dont have the charts at this moment.
    On my 7's I cross the chains, four required, deck to track shoe, on the back and deck to front pull on the front on the tractor. I drive my tractors on when loading instead of backing on.
    Track loader is crossed on the back, deck to track shoe, front just deck up 45 degrees to track shoe, also supposed to chain loader bucket frame.
    Tractor loader backhoes should have four chains to main frame and one attached to rear backhoe bucket and front loader bucket or frame.
    Last edited by Rome K/G; 02-14-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Dirt perfect on Youtube just posted a video on Youtube this week that he had a Indiana truck enforcement officer teaching the correct way to chain down equipment. I thought that it was very good information on the legal way to secure a load.
    Chuck C

Chuck did he say if those rules apply in all states?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

This is a load securement video.
    https://youtu.be/46hKizooXDk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Chuck did he say if those rules apply in all states?
    Seems he referred to the rules applying to all states in the video Rome posted above.
    Good info fellas. Obviously more reading for me for Canadian differences.

It looks like the two rear tie downs are not completely independent from each other in the way they are tied to the dozer winch. If one of the two broke in some way, the other one would become loose and fail its purpose. That rear tie down method is illegal.
    Last edited by Tracklayer; 02-15-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Default facing forward

-i've never seen a dozer loaded backwards...being transported down the highway...
    Caterpillar D6C 99j

Tax me, I'm Canadian

Default tie down???

In photo two the left chain looks most likely to be threaded through a D ring so probably the right chain is probably through a D ring also but one end of the chain is slack so the tight portion of the chain is held in place by being caught under the D ring. The tie down over the winch is not securing the load independently side to side. Any slight movement will cause the whole rear tie down to come loose and worst case the ratchet binder being ejected by the rear tire through a car window.