Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Jan and Roger: ACMOC Bookstore Inventory

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California City, CA USA
    Posts
    557

    Default Jan and Roger: ACMOC Bookstore Inventory

    Over time, on the BBS. I have referenced LaVoie's Pocket Guide and the ACMOC S/N Guide seemingly dozens of times. I have always felt these were a couple of the clubs more valuable products/resources. I did so again today and decided to get their purchase URL and found the S/N Guide 'out of stock' and the Pocket Guide has disappeared from inventory.

    What's up?

    Daron

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Sorry to say this but anything LaVoie had his hand on should be burnt.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Corryong Vic Australia
    Posts
    774

    Default

    There are a small number of Serial Number books in store, a new order has been placed and the store will be restocked with new inventory in about two weeks.

    Wombat

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Carlinville, Il
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Is there a road grader serial number and year guide in the works? With both.the.pull type graders, auto patrols, and motor grader. It could also include elevating graders and scrapers also. I know I would buy one.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Poway, CA
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodten View Post
    Is there a road grader serial number and year guide in the works? With both. the. pull type graders, auto patrols, and motor grader. It could also include elevating graders and scrapers also. I know I would buy one.
    The Grader Serial Number Book was discussed at the last board meeting. We are aware that we need to add kindling to that fire. Meantime, Eric's Chapter 12 website is the best resource currently.

    https://chriscomachinery.com/caterpillar-machinery/

    JanM

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Southbrook Queensland Australia
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naylorbros View Post
    Sorry to say this but anything LaVoie had his hand on should be burnt.
    What is the problem ??. Have I missed something????

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Carlinville, Il
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Thanks for the reply JanM. Nice to know it is still on the burner, and I do understand how much of an undertaking this would be to make.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Moose Lake, MN, USA
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daron View Post
    Over time, on the BBS. I have referenced LaVoie's Pocket Guide and the ACMOC S/N Guide seemingly dozens of times. I have always felt these were a couple of the clubs more valuable products/resources. I did so again today and decided to get their purchase URL and found the S/N Guide 'out of stock' and the Pocket Guide has disappeared from inventory.

    What's up?

    Daron
    Hi Daron.
    Like you I use my serial number guide all the time. I was surprised it showed to be out of stock. I knew we were low and a order has been placed. Its a great book and invaluable to anyone with any Cat interest at all. Hope all is safe in the desert with you and your family. Hope to get by before to long if this crap ever gets cleared up. We are feeling the need for a lengthy road trip.
    Roger
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    What is the problem ??. Have I missed something????
    Several members had some major issues with him 25 years ago.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Southbrook Queensland Australia
    Posts
    862

    Default

    OK. Thanks for the explanation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •