I have become very dissatisfied with the oil cup system of lubricating the steering clutch release bearings. Ten years ago when my grandfather and I over hauled my D2 we put a good pair of used bearings in it. I religiously oiled them every time I started the crawler. So I was kind of surprised to see how bad they look now. When I was working on my fathers late model D2 it had a flexible grease hose instead of the oil cup system and the bearings on that machine were in excellent shape. After a couple of false starts I came up with a fairly simple solution. I picked up an eighteen inch flexible hose for a grease gun at the local parts store. I cut the hose in two pieces eight inches long. Using a knife I cut off incremental sections of the casing so that the cut end of the hose would fit snugly down inside of the tapered hole in the oil cup. After cleaning the inside of the cup I ruffed it up with a rat tail file and then slid the hose in to the cup covered with a generous amount of slow (5-15 second) setting super glue. It's a little crude but I think it's going to do the job and it was a lot easer than any of the other solutions that I could come up with.