Some of you may remember last January when I installed the 2S blade on my freshly painted D2, I discovered too late that it had been modified to fit a prevoius application. Someone had removed the upright sections the hydraulic cylinders attach to and re-welded them farther forward to accomodate different cylinders. I didn't notice it at the time, but found out later that with factory cylinders I couldn't get the blade to touch the ground.
It's finally warming up outside so I got the Cat out the other day and took the blade back off to return it to original condition. I carefuly removed the old welds and got the uprights off the frame. Cleaned everything up, prepped for re-welding and ground all the shiny paint from where they needed to be re-attached. After using the measure 16 times and weld once rule, got them back where they should be. Now all I need is a weekend above 60 degrees (farenheit) to paint and maybe I'll be done this time.