Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the site slow lately?

I might also add: Bryan, if running a wireless router, think if you have added any new electronics to your house. Unsheilded cable on a new DVD nearby? New appliances? New microwave? I currently have a wireless router with 2 wired connected computers and one laptop with a wireless connection. The laptop is located in the kitchen and when I use the microwave, I loose all connectivity. My connection speed also drops if I move the laptop to a new location nearer to the fridge. In the high rises I work in, the walls are all constructed with steel studs and a lot of the drywall has foil backed vapor barriers. All of this adds up to slow/no connectivity for users. Wire lath within an older home can also slow signal strength. Mac VS PC may not have as much to do with operating system as signal strength generated by the individual machines. Also of note, the new ACMOC BB has more features that require more "umph" to run, such as the picture viewing and moving emoticons. All these features take longer to load regardless. I'm not making excuses, just giving some more ideas as to what can be affecting performance.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Bruce,

Nothing changed or added new that we know of here. I'll keep trying to get it fixed. Thanks.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by bryani289swmi View Post
    I'll keep trying to get it fixed. Thanks.

Bryan
    So will we.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Quote Originally Posted by bryani289swmi View Post
    I did some checking and this is what I found:

.083 minutes to load ACMOC homepage
    1.723 minutes to load forum page
    .120 minutes to load ACME
    .063 minutes to load ACME Cat discussion segment
    .216 minutes to load FCSA forum
    .194 minutes to loadFCSA general discussion
    Whew, that's pretty crazy! Not at all consistent with what I'm seeing here or in the stats.

So the ACMOC home page loads okay but not the bulletin board. How about the store? Anyone experienced slowness there?
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

Here's something to try.

At the bottom of the board you will now see a dropdown that lets you change the board style. There's a new one called "Lightweight" that's designed for mobile sites and loads extremely quickly. Try it out and let me know how it affects your speed with the board.

(I know it looks really drab, but it's just for testing purposes!)
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

I have experianced slowness in the operation of the BB as well.
    I tried the "lightweight" version and for me it seemed slower....go figure.
    I think that on the regular bb, one of the things that takes soo long for it to load, is all of the post icons.. i never use them.
    Maybe we can make them an option and then the loading of the thread reply will be quicker..at least for me that is.
    The navagation part seems to be quick, but the actual operation of the pages are slow. ie: thread reply, posting pictures, viewing pictures, etc.
    Not sure how to fix the problem, but it seemed to have happened all of a sudden.
    Thanks for your concearn and continued work on this situation.
    Erik Christenbury
    Cat List: More than some, less than others
    https://chriscomachinery.com/caterpillar-machinery/

Quote Originally Posted by adco View Post
    Here's something to try.

At the bottom of the board you will now see a dropdown that lets you change the board style. There's a new one called "Lightweight" that's designed for mobile sites and loads extremely quickly. Try it out and let me know how it affects your speed with the board.
    Hey this "Lightweight" is really great. Problem solved here.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by adco View Post
    Whew, that's pretty crazy! Not at all consistent with what I'm seeing here or in the stats.

So the ACMOC home page loads okay but not the bulletin board. How about the store? Anyone experienced slowness there?
    Just tried the store are and it seems to be fast, unlike the bulletin board.

I have just tryed the lightweight and yes it seems faster . Question ,now how do i get back to the old way ? As the drop down thing does not appear ??so i can change back .Ian .

Heh bb

hello Ian,it looks like you have to log out to get it back to normal bb ,bruce oz