Thread: problems with changing password

Default problems with changing password

I can not change my password because it is asking for the username but there is not a feild to put it in.
    Erik Christenbury
    Cat List: More than some, less than others
    http://www.chriscomachinery.com/ACMOChapter12.htm

Erik, I will send an EMail to Megan. We recently made some upgrades and I am sure there are a few other items that slipped through the cracks.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Default Similar problem

I am randomly asked to enter my password/user id. Not just after I leave for awhile, sometimes in the middle of reading a post. 3 out of 4 times I will not get back on, then suddenly without reentering anything, be accepted.

I have not been able to get on to the members section at all. I was waiting to see if this trouble developed for anyone else.

Matt
    RD4,RD6 ,D73T, #11 Grader, 977F

Matt, Check your security and firewall settings also. Some operating systems will double check movements while browsing and ask for confirmation (Vista does this all the time on one of my computers).
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Hey Chriscokid; The board is trying to tell the new board member something!!
    D4Jim
    D47U (1950), 3U 112 Grader (1949), Cat 40 Scraper ACMOC Member 17 years

Quote Originally Posted by chriscokid View Post
    I can not change my password because it is asking for the username but there is not a feild to put it in.
    Email and password changes must be handled through the main website now. You can use your bulletin board username and password to log in to the main site and edit your settings there.

Quote Originally Posted by SpragueM View Post
    I am randomly asked to enter my password/user id. Not just after I leave for awhile, sometimes in the middle of reading a post. 3 out of 4 times I will not get back on, then suddenly without reentering anything, be accepted.
    In the middle of reading a post? You mean a box pops up?

Quote Originally Posted by SpragueM View Post
    I have not been able to get on to the members section at all. I was waiting to see if this trouble developed for anyone else.
    If you previously had a different username that you used on the main site, or if ACMOC did not have your bulletin board email address in the member database, your username may not be connected to the Members area properly. Send me a PM or note via the contact form and I'll check that you're set up properly.
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)