Thread: Caterpillar 666 Scraper Videos

Default Caterpillar 666 Scraper Videos

Meditator:

Opinions Are Like Belly Buttons. We All Have One.
    You Got Yours, And I'll Give You Mine. Opinion That Is.
    Because I Ain't Gonna Give You My Belly Button.

Solid gold right there

Default 666 Scrapers.

I just thought it might be of interest to say that the 666 in the last vid' was in need of a pal, so now there is 2 of these old bangers " Roaming the Paddock " ready for a bit of a tune-up, we would like to see how fast we can kick em' on soon, the back half is realy to big for the small streets around the area, so its only the front bit that is used to go for a Beer with.

tctractors.

Madgrin

Absolutely magic stuff !
    Thanks for posting the link.
    Interesting modification to the rear radiator surround and about time they cleaned out all the straw before it starts overheating.
    Whreabouts is this wonderful piece of gear located ?

TC, can you give us a photographic update how the 666 restorations are coming along?

Thanks

Default 666

Gavin, I will get a few shots of how things stand in the near future, nothing much has been done to the scrapers for a few months now mostly due to the amount of rainfall, as although the cold weather has not been to bad so far its managed to rain about every day a fearfull amount.

tctractors

Quote Originally Posted by tctractors View Post
    Gavin, I will get a few shots of how things stand in the near future, nothing much has been done to the scrapers for a few months now mostly due to the amount of rainfall, as although the cold weather has not been to bad so far its managed to rain about every day a fearfull amount.tctractors
    Sounds good, thanks.

Hi TC,
    Do you have any plans to 'show' one of these monster tractors at a steam fair or old plant show, I would love to be re-united with one after forty plus years, when I worked with a fleet (72) of these 660 tractors with bottom dump wagons.

Default Tripple 6's

Hi Catsilver, the intension is to "Play in the Dirt" not just race em' around the back doubles of Cardiff, there will be something sorted possibly this year to show off a few big chunks of iron, the slow bit was hunting out and getting things shipped in as our rock has water all around it, plus at the moment due to the amount of rainfall everything is floating some, big chunks take a bit of sorting as its just a hobby thing with work on them having to fit in with the daily grind, but what I can do is make sure you are posted of any "Black Smoke" firing up.

Down shift light is flashing??? tctractors

Hi TC.
    Yes I do understand they are big chunks of machine to have as hobby and will take some time if they need much attention, it was easy and an adventure when I was 45 years younger, especially with a team of mechanics to do the spannering for us. There are seven construction films on Youtube of Tarbela Dam with a few shots of the Cat 660's and R70 Terex dump trucks working. You might wish to take a look.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Catsilver.