Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: D6 9U Pony Motor

Default om- I could use some advice

Quote Originally Posted by Old Magnet View Post
    Not even close....they just look alike.
    I have a 955 12a1... the machine has not run for about 8 years. The pony is free, the diesel spins by hand with a socket on the pony and the clutch engaged. I have no compression on the pony, I assume that I have valves stuck open. Should I pull the head to free the valves or am I barking up the wrong tree? any help would be greatly appreciated

Default pony motor

I have removed my pony for rebuild and I'm interested. Sounds like it should run fine. Would that include the starter (non-caterpillar) you mention? I'm in south Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by WayneB View Post
    complete D69U pony motor. Good compression. Newly rebuilt magneto. New carburator. Fresh cleaned tank (fresh paint) and filter.
    good compression, nothing missing.
    been pulled and palleted in my shop for 8 months. I've went electric start and won't go back to pony.

total package $475.00

I have pulled the long block sell option.

Wayne
    south central va near nc line

rt18058,
    Removing the heads will give you access to the valves to indicate whether or not they are stuck. Might be able to work them loose but if you need internal access you will need to remove the manifold assembly.

Also be a good idea to remove the little round access cover (about 2" dia.) and bump the pinion release lever to disconnect the main engine from the pony.

Default D6 9U Pony Motor

Is the 9U D6 pony motor still availasble? Can you weigh and check on shipping to 65584 if it is?

complete D69U pony motor. Good compression. Newly rebuilt magneto. New carburator. Fresh cleaned tank (fresh paint) and filter.
    good compression, nothing missing.
    been pulled and palleted in my shop for 8 months. I've went electric start and won't go back to pony.

total package $475.00

I have pulled the long block sell option.

Wayne
    south central va near nc line
    I'm interested. Is it possible shipping to Europe (NL) ? Many thanks.

Default I can ship it anywhere you pay to be shipped

Price does not include shipping

Send address

Default Best Guess with size

Yes,
    It is still available, and roughly $300, dependant on carrier. There were cheaper quotes, but not sure those carriers in the Richmond area. I quoted FEDEX @ 500lb (guess) and 48W" x 48L" pallet 24H". Size can be made smaller at cost of fabricating box using one sheet of plywood and one 8' - 2"x4". Smaller is cheaper, and my weight estimate is on the high side.
    I live 68 miles from the nearest shipping dock in Richmond, and drive there once a week, work for a week and then weekends home to the farm where the dozer is. I do not want to load that pony and leaving it in the bed of my pickup for a week in the elements, as the bottom side of the pony is open with gears hanging out. You must make a crade on the pallet for the pony. So IF someone wants a pony shipped, recommend a box with cradle on top of a small pallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bboaz View Post
    Is the 9U D6 pony motor still availasble? Can you weigh and check on shipping to 65584 if it is?

Default 2243 HD Wassenaar (NETHERLANDS)

Price does not include shipping

Send address
    2243 HD Wassenaar (NETHERLANDS)

Default 9U D6 Pony Motor

Thought I had a deal for a 9U D6, but I think the deal has fallen through. Thanks for the information, maybe you need to ship it to the Netherlands for KARIM.

Wink Worst Case Pallet size

Karim:

$4,424.10
    45 x 39 x 32 in.
    Package Weight: Pallet Weight:
    500 lbs. UPS
    Quote Originally Posted by KARIM View Post
    2243 HD Wassenaar (NETHERLANDS)
    recommend a box sized to fit.

I lack the information to make this estimate. Unsure whether this is a residential needing lift-gate or exactly the nature of the destination. The above quote is needing liftgate at destination, but not at shipment. Also it has 68 miles free movement to a loading dock built into the quote. Not reasonable.