Thread: how to post big pictures

Default how to post big pictures

how do I post bigger pictures than just the thumb nail ??? type of thing but full size pictures thanks

Paul

Default Big pictures.

The only capability our software has is the small, thumbnail type which the reader can click on the see a larger version. We are also fairly limited in terms of pictures size, meaning most people have to resize their pictures to pretty small, even in the larger versions.

You can post larger pictures by uploading your pictures to an offsite hosting service, like Photobucket, Picasa or others. Once your photos are uploaded there, just post links here. Most sites offer the opportunity to link several ways, including fairly large embedded images. This, I believe, is how Blakeystew, for example, posts his Fifteen restoration updates. I also used this method recently for my recent Tulare photo uploads.

It might take some experimentation to figure out which of the available links mappings from the offsite service will accomplish what you want. I found that I tried cutting and pasting the various options in a post to find out which did what I want. Then, once I knew what I wanted, I edited the post to clean up my mess and post the pictures as I wanted.

The use of the offsite storage and links seems a little complicated and time consuming, but I found that once I knew what I wanted to do, it was just about the same trouble as trying to upload directly to here, and offered the advantage of several different posting options and I retained control of the photos as long as I had the account.

I hope this is helpful. I'd be happy to provide specific help if you need it here, by email at pbloom (at) ymail (dot) com, or you can call me at (661) 343-3691.

Pete.

Paul, the size of the photo you post is what sets the size when you click on the thumbnail. Are you referring to the small images that appear under or within the body of your copy or the image that is displayed when you click on the thumbnail and the larger image appears with a dark screen behind it? If you are thinking the small images as described within the copy are the picture as displayed, you need to click on those thumbnails to make them show larger pictures. They then display with little tabs under the picture with the words "prev" or "next" so you can navigate to the next photo in sequence.

We do have data size limits on the photos that can be displayed, but you can manipulate them with photo resizing software to lower the resolution but physically increase the size of the image.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

was just wondering because some posts have big pictures and some have just the thumb nail and was wondering if I was doing something wrong when I ended up with thumb nail size pictures but it sounds like thats the way its meant to be thanks fellas

Paul