Thread: posted images rotated sideways

Salt Lake City, UT Farm in Marsh Valley, ID

Default posted images rotated sideways

Is there a way to change the orientation of a posted image? I'm not finding anything in the interface, or previous threads. I just posted some photos that were rotated sideways. The original images on my machine all view with the right side up, using more than one image viewing program. Did an auto scaling loose the orientation info in the photos?

Thanks,

Joe
    Oldest to newest, D4 7U working, D2 5U working, D6 44A working, D4D SA 84J needs low end rebuild

PM sent. Let me have a look at the original.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

D2_raincap_joe.jpgD2_radiator_painted.jpgD2_Andy_tightening_grill.jpgD2_new_waterpump.jpg

I received your email and all 4 photos were rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. When viewed within Picasa or the download viewer, they appear correct (upright) but the saved images within "Pictures" on the computer were still 90 rotated. That is the master file and Picasa only works off of it. When you upload, it is taking the files directly from your picture folder, not Picasa, thus if they do not appear correct in the master picture folder, they will upload incorrect as well. I downloaded your rotated images and corrected them within my master picture folder and they uploaded here correctly. I hope this helps.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Salt Lake City, UT Farm in Marsh Valley, ID

Quote Originally Posted by B4D2 View Post
    D2_raincap_joe.jpgD2_radiator_painted.jpgD2_Andy_tightening_grill.jpgD2_new_waterpump.jpg

I received your email and all 4 photos were rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. When viewed within Picasa or the download viewer, they appear correct (upright) but the saved images within "Pictures" on the computer were still 90 rotated. That is the master file and Picasa only works off of it. When you upload, it is taking the files directly from your picture folder, not Picasa, thus if they do not appear correct in the master picture folder, they will upload incorrect as well. I downloaded your rotated images and corrected them within my master picture folder and they uploaded here correctly. I hope this helps.
    Thanks for fixing it. I'm not sure I follow the explanation as I don't use Picasa. I'm on a macbook and use mac preview and a program called graphic converter if I need to edit, but the all displayed normally so I didn't edit. I figure there is a camera accelerometer info metadata in the image file to tell the viewer which way is up, and it somehow isn't getting applied.

In any case, I take it that the solution is to edit the file before uploading and that there is no way to rotate the uploaded image.

Thanks again.
    Oldest to newest, D4 7U working, D2 5U working, D6 44A working, D4D SA 84J needs low end rebuild