Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any 12 volt starters on pony

Quote Originally Posted by ag-mike View Post
    so ur gonna start the tractor once a week or twice a month just to charge the battery? do u have other 6volt machines to use this new battery on?
    yes that pretty much sums it up. also can use an old 6 volt solar fence charger for parts to make a trickle charger.

Default 6 Volt regulator

Hi All again,
    As fo a solar regulator i used to make my own now it is cheaper to buy one from flea baylike this one,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6V-12V-10A-A...YAAOSww9xZIlmn

The solar panel to use is a small 10 watt will do as it is a trickle charger.

As fo me i have 3 setup at home one for the truck which is 24 Volt and always charged, one 6 Volt for the tractors, and one 12 Volt for the cars and mower when not in use, I have not had to buy a battery for years now.

Regards
    Daryl
    RD4 4G4368
    D4 7J9915SP
    D4 2T6584SP

May you always be in the right place at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by rax200 View Post
    Hi All again,
    As fo a solar regulator i used to make my own now it is cheaper to buy one from flea baylike this one,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6V-12V-10A-A...YAAOSww9xZIlmn

The solar panel to use is a small 10 watt will do as it is a trickle charger.

As fo me i have 3 setup at home one for the truck which is 24 Volt and always charged, one 6 Volt for the tractors, and one 12 Volt for the cars and mower when not in use, I have not had to buy a battery for years now.

Regards
    Thanky for the link. i can take the guts out of an old solar fencer and put that charge controller inside for a nice neet package