Thread: Are there directions for posting photos???

Default Are there directions for posting photos???

I am new to the forum and not very good with computers. What is the easiest way to add a photo to a post, or are there directions posted someplace. Thanks, Grant.

Once you hit the reply button or start a new thread, at any time in the process of typing in your text, or when you're through, you can stop and scroll down to the additional options box and select upload photos.

When that window opens, you will see a column of buttons that say select file or somesuch. Click the first one or the next one if you have already selected a photo. Photographs etc must be on your computer or if working from a phone or tablet, you can select the camera and take a new photo.

Once you have selected the photos, then select upload files button.

Once that is finished, close the window and you should return to the original screen where you typed in your text. Your uploaded files should be shown down below the text entry box. If all finished, hit the submit button. There is also a preview button you can use to view your text and pictures.
    D2-5J's, D6-9U's, D318 and D333 power units, 12E-99E grader, 922B & 944A wheel loaders, D330C generator set, DW20 water tanker and a bunch of Jersey cows to take care of in my spare time

Before you try to upload the pictures, you must save your pictures to a file that you will name. When you hit the upload button on this BB, it will ask you to select a file. You go to the file name where your pictures are saved and choose the picture/s you wish to upload.
    D-4 7U-43159 with 4S dozer and Cat 40 scraper, D-7 3T-1179 with Cat 7S hydraulic dozer, D-7 17A 13,944, D-8 14A-1160 with Cat 8S cable dozer, Cat 12-99E-4433 Grader. All runners and users.

OK, this techno dinosaur is going to give photos a try. When I recently bought my D4 6U I also bought a teracer but I dont have any idea of the brand. If I can get photos posted I am sure someone will know what it is.

Well, I will obviously have to get my teenage Granddaughter to help me. I can figure out how to email photos but not how to post. Such is life in the slow lane. Thanks for the instructions. Grant.

have the picture loaded on your hard drive
    scroll down to the red upload photos link---click
    got to the red add files linkl
    click browse , select picture and then click on open
    click on the red upload link
    click on insert line
    hope this works
    D4 canopy on 001.jpg
    Cat 941B, Cat D2 4U, Cat D3B, Cat D4 7U, Cat D6 9U

I use an Android tablet computer to post so others may never have this problem, but I thought I would relate it and my workaround.

When I select the option to upload photos etc by clicking the box down the page below the text entry window, a separate browser window opens. In thatvwindow, i select my picture files and then hit upload button below. The files are successfully uploaded and are shown at the bottom of the page. Then I hit the button to "close this window". There is one at the top and another at the bottom. Sometimes, neither will work. Using the web browser control to close the window closes the window alright but the uploaded files are lost, so to get the uploaded files attached to your text, you must use the "close this window" button in the BBS software.

When this happens, i close the whole browser window that was opened when I started the process of adding photos, go back to the original window where I wrote the text and select add photos all over again. Usually when I go through the process again, selecting the files and uploading them, the window will close when I am done. Sometimes i will cut the number of pictures uploaded in half the second time and edit the post later to add another.

Very frustrating to upload your photos and then not be able to close the window to get them added to the post!
    Last edited by ccjersey; 09-19-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    D2-5J's, D6-9U's, D318 and D333 power units, 12E-99E grader, 922B & 944A wheel loaders, D330C generator set, DW20 water tanker and a bunch of Jersey cows to take care of in my spare time

Default photo

hello , when the photo uploads into the top box you need to drag it in to the attachment window below it before it will upload to your post

while the above posts are true and correct here is how I do it.
    I am not a techo nerd and some how bumble along with this..
    After either clicking "reply" to thread or" start new thread"
    Scroll down and click" upload photos."
    Click red box "add files " in top right corner.
    This will bring up and click on "choose file"
    This brings up a box with icon "my files' click.
    Then click" DCIM."
    Then Click "camera".
    Then find and click on the chosen photo from the 2 or three thousand you have there .
    Click "done'
    Click "upload"
    This may take awhile . A good time to get another beer. Then either add more photos or click "done " bottom right corner.
    Now either "submit reply " or "preview post"
    How simple is that ???
    Attached Images Attached Images