Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Camp Fire impacting our members?

Default OT - Camp Fire impacting our members?

I know one of Chapter 15's members lives on the next ridge NW of the Camp Fire area East of Chico and I am wondering if they have evacuated or are otherwise affected by this tragic fire. It would be great to know you are safe Greg and Vicki. We are thinking of you.

Friends of ours have lost their home in Paradise but luckily got out with their lives surrounded with fire as they drove out!

JanM

The Calfire site has evacuation info, go to calfire, incendents Terrible mess up there!
    1962 D4C

Thanks for your concern Jan. Greg and Vicki are okay. They had to bring out the heavy equipment and build defensive lines around not only their property, but neighboring areas as well.
    I donít know SandMan personally, but believe he is close to the fire.
    I hope the best for everyone.

Thanks JM.

Glad they safe! Many were not who lived up that way.

JanM

Quote Originally Posted by janmeermans View Post
    Thanks JM.

Glad they safe! Many were not who lived up that way.

JanM
    The harrowing stories Iíve heard from friends escaping the enferno! So much confusion/chaos; many were told to evacuate by designated route by responders, only to be repeatedly turned around to head back into the flames. One colleague of mine ended up filling his vehicle with elderly folks that had no means of transportation. He was sure they would have perished had he not been ordered to drive back.
    Many of my other friends on the ďRidgeĒ lost their homes, but were spared their lives.

Wow, itís really incredible how bad itís been down there this year. Praying for rain.

BP.
    Holt 45 power unit, Two Ton, Sixty (2), Diesel 40, No.11 AutoPatrol, 4G D4, 9U D6, 17R D6C, 9G D7, 7M D7, DW20.

Default Safety.

Hi, Folks.
    I hope everybody is safe and well in those fire areas. I am a bit North of them at Santa Margarita but the smoke has drifted way past here.

Remember to thank your local tree huggers for these fires and any others that may happen.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Your right Deas, years back the forest service did "brush control" to maintain things, now its all left go because of the environuts, well sadly now people are paying the price. But the environuts are blaming global warming for all this, ya right!!!

If the local power company power lines turn out to be the cause then they need to be held accountable. There have been 3 major incidents I can think of associated with them that caused huge property loss and loss of life. They need to keep their right of way cleared.
    1962 D4C

I wonder if any illegal marijuana grow sites had anything to do with the fire. We hear the stories of how bad these activities are.
    I was under the impression that CalFire is supposed to help mitigate fire dangers by clearing hazards as well, or am I completely off track?