Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impressive...BIG PUSH at a show in NZ

Hi, Rome K/G.
    I didn't mean that you, or anybody else specifically, should keep opinions bottled up. That is why I added this line to my last post

Quote:

"But who is to be the judge of that? "

Unquote.

It can only really be up to the individual whether they feel they ought to express their opinion or keep it to themselves. Constructive criticism, if properly received, can be very helpful - trubble being that many people are so thin-skinned that they perceive ANY criticism as derogatory. Sometimes, even people at whom a criticism was NOT aimed can get their hackles up just over hearing it said or seeing it written 'cos it's not lin line with their own thoughts.

Personally, I suspect that the aim of that multiple push might have been to show just how quickly that scraper could be loaded if it had enough 'grunt' behind it. If so, I think they succeeded pretty well.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

I got tickled at the soprano voice of the green monster to be heard above all in the sea of yellow. Great job guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Root View Post
    I got tickled at the soprano voice of the green monster to be heard above all in the sea of yellow. Great job guys!
    Casey,

Actually that was a "descant" (in classical music the sopranos depart from the tune and sing a harmony of their own above the rest of the chorus) you were hearing! I heard it too and that is what I thought I was hearing.

For the dozer group, they appeared to be pushing in both the cut and fill which made it difficult for the "cut" dozers to get much of a load on their blades whereas the "fill" D9s were able to load completely up with little difficulty. I participated in the "big push" (six or seven tractors) in 2015 National Show in Edgerton and totally enjoyed the fun!

JanM

Well from my child like mind. All I can say is what an awesome demonstration of my favorite thing to do!!

Thinking I may make the trip in 2021?...........

Thumb

Quote Originally Posted by janmeermans View Post
    Casey,

Actually that was a "descant" (in classical music the sopranos depart from the tune and sing a harmony of their own above the rest of the chorus) you were hearing! I heard it too and that is what I thought I was hearing.

For the dozer group, they appeared to be pushing in both the cut and fill which made it difficult for the "cut" dozers to get much of a load on their blades whereas the "fill" D9s were able to load completely up with little difficulty. I participated in the "big push" (six or seven tractors) in 2015 National Show in Edgerton and totally enjoyed the fun!

JanM
    Hey! I remember seeing that!

I like to see the big pushes and quick loading of scrapers . Not only this push necessarily, but I cringe when I think about the possible damage to dead axles on the trunnion mounted dozer that are farther to the front of the pack when loading scrapers with multiple machines pushing.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon

Awesome. Loved listening to the Terex or Ucalid could hear it above everything else. You think you’ve gotta decent sized Dozer with a 7, but then you see an old 9 in action and realise.. nope..