Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Caterpillar 2 ton 1928 standard equipment

Its interesting too hear about green tractors.
    While on our recent trip to central Australia , I was shown a green tractor .
    It was locked in a room in a house and appeared to me to be a 22.
    Couldn't get access to the room only peering through the curtains at the right side of the tractor.
    Appeared to be in perfect condition with the correct pre cleaner and magneto cover .
    The green colour had me puzzled but perhaps it is correct.
    And no, due to the poor conditions I did not get a photo.
    Last edited by Andrew; 09-08-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Default Caterpillar graveyard

Grant,

I knew there were more of us around. Do you have a Cat 2 ton? I'm at the "collecting parts" stage of my 2 ton restoration. Give me a call at (707) 889-1061. I live on the Buckingham Peninsula but lived on Cobb for 30 Plus years before the Valley Fire. I would love to talk to you.

Steve Zalusky

Default Green tractors

Andrew,

It's interesting to hear about a green cat 22. With all of the original equipment on it, it is more likely that the color is "official" rather than an owner's paint job (but what do I know?). There are a lot of members out there with great historical knowledge. I'm hoping someone with an inside story on this green color responds to this thread. As I noted, my cat is a late model 2 ton; as are the other two green ones I mentioned.

Steve

Thumb Fwiw

I have always been told (was told?) that very often Town Highway Departments would order a new tractor and have it painted their favorite color to match all the rest of their equipment. I suppose it would make it easier for Inventory and to make sure it was only being used on Town projects?

Default green 2 ton

drujinin,

I have heard or read the same thing about highway departments having new equipment painted their fleet color. That is a real possibility.

Steve