Thread: Vintage show at Durham, CA?

Becky Vintage show at Durham, CA?

Did anyone from this forum attend the vintage show at the Patrick Ranch in Durham, CA?
    It was along Midway Rd. on Saturday. When I turned off of Oro-Chico Hwy. my heart just sank😿.
    I saw horse drawn plowing, my buddy Randallís former 9U farm CAT and some other stuff, and plenty of people having a great time from the looks of things. No fair! Lol. I had to keep trucking, otherwise the plant was going down due to lack of cherries 🍒. I heard from folks that they are building a new facility to house the old iron. Reminds me of a mini SM Ranch, with all of the historic buildings and displays they set up each year. They didnít have a harvest bee this year due to late weather. Ah, I long to play in the dirt!!! JM

Sad that I missed it this year, but they weren't sure the wheat was going to be ready in time for the event.

Did they even harvest? I see Luke's pictures on Facebook and they were plowing with a lot of green weeds in the field and no wheat stubble.

Sue

Default Threashing Bee at Patrick Ranch

I attended but has really down sized, only a fourth of what it was a few years ago. They didn't harvest the wheat, told
    it was not dry enough. I thought the most entertaining event was a tractor pull but using four draft horses.

Default Patrick Ranch

We plan on harvesting the grain this Saturday the 29th of June. The 5A John Deere combine pulled by the D6 will do the threshing.
    Thanks
    Doug