Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1955 D4 6U Lift Pump

Quote Originally Posted by OK-Grant View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

Anyone know about the oil for the injector pump?
    Use standard motor oil.
    D-4 7U-43159 with 4S dozer and Cat 40 scraper, D-7 3T-1179 with Cat 7S hydraulic dozer, D-7 17A 13,944, D-8 14A-1160 with Cat 8S cable dozer, Cat 12-99E-4433 Grader. All runners and users.

Default Help with new gasket

Well I was able to achieve good fuel pressure but now have fuel spraying out where the pump mounts to the filter body. Please see below...not sure I want to take this apart any further but the old gasket was under the seat assembly. Is the only way to install a new gasket to remove the seat assembly and if so how do I safely do so?? - Thanks.

E345CE4F-8A3F-4D23-B60A-678F59E4D10F.jpg

6AEE6313-3F09-45BC-90A9-2196A1942BF4.jpg

Did you install an oring around that ferrule before installing it?

Itís still sitting on my work bench. Looks like need a seal around that and two of the bolt holes.

Default Transfer Pump Mounting Gasket.

Hi Team
    the mount gasket sits under both the cone shape piece and across the pump body face along with the o ring to seal at the ferrule--there are no other seals needed for the bolts.
    The old gaskets were a one piece unit that sat under the cone flange and was a pain to change in the field.
    New upgraded gasket is two piece--a ring for under the cone and a face gasket.
    To get the cone of requires pressing the drive gear off/on the shaft--special tapered guide sleeve is needed to refit the cone as it has a gland packing in it that will foul and be damaged by the sharp edge of the shaft gear shoulder.

If you replace the gland packings the new shiny wound graphited type packing have to be pressed to expand them onto the shaft and outer of the cone and the pump body. The older woven gland packings are harder and must he tamped or well pressed to expand them after fitting--the tapered guide sleeve tool is inserted into the packing to allow gland packing compression and then fitment onto and over the shaft.
    Much has been written in the past on this and a Search of transfer pump seal installation should find what you need--bit pressed for time now to offer much more.
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And there's this one....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also check if the mounting studs for the pump were replaced with bolts, the studs should be reinstalled because the orings seal around the shank.

Default O-Ring Part No.?

Quote Originally Posted by Rome K/G View Post
    Also check if the mounting studs for the pump were replaced with bolts, the studs should be reinstalled because the orings seal around the shank.
    Still have studs in it.

Does anyone know of the part number for the o-ring around the ferrule? Might be 8B-4967 but can't confirm.

Neither the ferrule or the o-ring show in the parts diagram i've found. I did find a good long discussion about someone working on one with some good info. I'm pretty sure I'll be good once i get it back installed since even with fuel spraying out at the transfer pump was as able to get good fuel pressure.

Thanks-

Ferrule seal is a 7B0305

Default Transfer Pump Seal and Ferrule

Hi Team,
    the seal and ferrule are shown on the Fuel Filter parts page--as OM said, the O Ring seal is P/No 7B0305
    (it is actually shown in the Filter drawing as 7B 305 but the new Cat computer system only recognizes 6 digit part numbers and the 0 must be added or the computer will show "not valid P/No" or such message--as well, as an example, a 4 digit P/No like L364 would need to be written as 0L0364 to be valid in today's computer world)
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.