Thread: Sad little D2

Yuck Sad little D2

I borrowed this photo of a sad little D2 from FBook. I canít understand how this happened. On the subject of springs, seems like every dozer tractor Iíve purchased comes with broken or missing pony springs. JM

That's sad and scary. I've educated a few friends on the importance of keeping those things in good order

That's the main spring broken for it to be sitting down like that? Did the ends break off the 2-3 main leaves that sit on the track frames?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

"pony spring"???? u mean crossover, right? IMO, the d4 is getting ready to pull the pan w/o taking the blade off.
    My engine & tractor video's, thanks 4 looking.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/d4mike01/videos

Stars & Stripes, My only garage and patio art.
    https://youtu.be/sGNjz8iCuc0

Quote Originally Posted by ag-mike View Post
    "pony spring"???? u mean crossover, right? IMO, the d4 is getting ready to pull the pan w/o taking the blade off.
    Yes, main spring on the D2. Donít know if the tips broke off or the stack broken in two. Not my tractor thatís for sure! Some fellow collector of IH crawlers that is a California fella south of me near Stockton. The D4 is mine; I had to replace missing pony springs. With the exception of my D5, every dozer I ever acquired had either broken or missing pony spring packs(not main springs). I just installed the 2 valve BeGe with large tank, so I can pull the #40 scraper with it. I always prop them up, so the transmission oil doesnít spill out.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Yes, main spring on the D2. Donít know if the tips broke off or the stack broken in two. Not my tractor thatís for sure! Some fellow collector of IH crawlers that is a California fella south of me near Stockton. The D4 is mine; I had to replace missing pony springs. With the exception of my D5, every dozer I ever acquired had either broken or missing pony spring packs(not main springs). I just installed the 2 valve BeGe with large tank, so I can pull the #40 scraper with it. I always prop them up, so the transmission oil doesnít spill out.
    If I remember right I thought I read that it was so worn and sloppy that things moved around enough for it to twist out.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon