Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone needs a winch

Bored Someone needs a winch

Easy job today. Had a special request to extricate some green paint. John Deere zero, CAT two!
    I forgot that I had an aluminum tow cable; customer decided to buy 5 twenty foot chains instead.
    MaryAnne or Rebecca the fat bottomed girls wouldn’t fit in this olive orchard. Hardest part is to rinse the mud off of my track pads.

Default Rubber vs Steel Pads

NO CONTEST when it comes to California MUD!
    Yeah, you can bury a Cat too but you won't add blocks to the pads on Rubber tires, when the going gets bad, got to have tracks!

Gee to the rescue - now someone has to fill the ruts!

Anyone still have pile of 4x6's next to the barn for those muddy years?

Maybe Gee has some stashed, for those muddy rescue missions?

Whew, glad I am not close - I might have been shang-hi'd for pulling chains in the muck -- LOL

cts

Good job JM! Last spring your 44A got to rescue a Kenworth with a cattle pot. It rained while the truck was unloading and he got trapped. Big fun.

BP.
    Holt 45 power unit, Two Ton, Sixty (2), Diesel 40, No.11 AutoPatrol, 4G D4, 9U D6, 17R D6C, 9G D7, 7M D7, DW20.

I spy the Sutter Buttes! Nice save!! ......not all California mud is that bad. Just depends on where you are. I can get back on my ground about three days after we turn the sprinklers off. It will take all the water you can throw at it. About 4 miles down the road, however, a friend of mine has a ranch in that heavy black adobe that everyone around here calls “tiger $h#t”. If you get back on it too soon, it will stick to your tires and cake onto them so bad that the diameter increases with the mud as you go. .......not the kind of ground you want to be attempting to harvest tree nuts on after a rain (don’t ask me how I know )

-Nick

The farmer had trained some high schoolers the finer points of repairing drip lines. He couldn’t figure out how they “finished” so soon. The skirter tractors found where they weren’t fixed...
    Rumor is my customer needs some serious ripping down the centers here. I’m hoping he calls me. My CATs need to stretch. Lol. The fancy towing service with rotator booms was only a mile from here, but declined to get near the orchard. Too far to pull cable also.
    I remember a wet harvest year awhile back. We were fighting walnuts until December!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Soooo...Is it NOW 'Gee Agritransport & Towing'?

"I'll tow your green for a little green"
    R2 4J, D2 4U, D2 5U, D4 7U

Smokin

Career change possibly C$$$, as I lack the skills and finesse to be a gigolo! It’s very slow here, as harvest hasn’t begun on my end of the state just yet. Glad to be called by some great folks for our services! Plenty of time for projects, but that doesn’t pay my overhead here. Soon I will gripe about working 16 hour days 😎😝

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Easy job today. Had a special request to extricate some green paint. John Deere zero, CAT two!
    I forgot that I had an aluminum tow cable; customer decided to buy 5 twenty foot chains instead.
    MaryAnne or Rebecca the fat bottomed girls wouldn’t fit in this olive orchard. Hardest part is to rinse the mud off of my track pads.
    Out of curiosity JM, what is an aluminum tow cable good for.
    John Liebermann
    2 9U's, 5J, IHC544, Ford860, (All working farm tractors)
    cojhl2@gmail.com

Awesome save! Surprised to hear it the pulling was a piece of cake.

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by cojhl2 View Post
    Out of curiosity JM, what is an aluminum tow cable good for.
    My thoughts as well.The previous land tenant here was a large tree nursery; they had a fleet of small tractors that would occasionally get mired; they actually had someone manufacture a 1” cable with eyes and a grab hook on each end for getting the little guys out. We are talking tiny narrow row tractors that don’t weigh much. They left a pair of them here. Honestly I don’t see any use for them here. I would imagine if any real load was put on them, they would stretch and break!