Thread: Transmission-final drive gear availability

Default Transmission-final drive gear availability

I toured the CAT assembly plant in 1997 in Peoria,a class operation nice down to earth people was told at that time they still had all of the patterns and drawings from day one was told we have no orphan tractors, if you have to have a part we will get it also they had just made some CAT 10 parts. I have used CAT tractors my whole farming career, I know that transmission parts for direct drive SA models are getting hard to get ,there numbers were few compared to the powershift models. MY POINT is there still a lot of direct drive tractors from 9u,17a,D6B,D7E to D6D,D5B,D4E,AG6 running making a living, being there are no new steel tracked tractors available anymore I think CAT could at least facilitate some other aftermarket manufacturer to supply some of these critical parts to keep us going. For reasons I have put on this site before , steel tracked tractors are still superior to wheel or rubber tracks. A lot of us are still very LOYAL to CATERPILLAR. LOYALTY works two WAYs. Thank you 17afarmer

Default D7

I should have for d7-3t 6 top pinions,4 reductions gears and maybe 2 or 3 boulgears but am in CANADA and you have to pick up heavy parts and I make sure for these parts tomorrow because some parts ben robbed last april.

So the word from the gentleman in my local Cat dealerís used parts department is that if the particular part canít be found by your local dealer in the used parts search network that they are all interconnected to, then they will entertain a request for a copy of the partís blueprints from Catís archives. You canít just request blueprints at will. Corporate Cat has access to the same used parts network and will double check that there is nothing available before considering releasing a copy of any blueprints. And from what I understand, depending on the age of the machine in question, you may even have to sign some kind of release. Having parts made is costly, but at least it sounds like theyíll help you out if you have no other options.

-Nick

i needed a part one for a dw 15 that was out of stock. cat supplied me with a blueprint and a machine shop fixed me up P.D.Q.
    D4 6U,1943 D4 2T,Laplant Choate C41 Carrimor Scraper

Default Thank you Nick Bursitis

I told this story to HOLTS parts dept. one time they did not have a clue what I was talking about. This still does not explain why CAT won't stock parts for late model SA direct drive transmissions, I know of one business who runs a lot of D4Es has a lot of trouble trying to get enough parts to keep going makes no sense

Helping us get information on obsolete parts should be a top priority of acmoc. The dealer telling me that something (or everything but oil)for my Diesel Fifty is obsolete is not great service.
    D2 5u & 3J
    212 9T
    RD4
    D4 7J & 7U
    R4 4G
    Gas 35's
    Diesel 35
    Diesel 40
    Gas 50's 5A
    Diesel 50 1E1755
    Diesel 75
    D 8800 power unit 9J 6113SP