Thread: Looking for a Generator Gear

Default Looking for a Generator Gear

So,

I am looking for a 15t generator gear, part number 8b4672.

I thought the 26t generator gear, part number 8b6687, would work, but as it turns out, that gear is too big to fit inside of my generator housing on my D6 5r.

I was considering trying to find an equivalent gear made by some gear fabricating company, but I have no idea what the specifications are for the gear to find an equivalent gear.

The other option, I suppose, is to find the larger generator housing but replacing the housing looks a bit more involved than me sticking the idler gear back into the housing.

Anyone know anything about the 15t gear, or is this gear something that only existed in some fantasy world?

Maybe Bruce Petty can chime in on this one. He is up there in Washington state as well.
    BP are you out there? Help a neighbor out. Haha. JM

Default 15T gear

Hi BigAgCat,
    It looks like Florion Tractors has a couple in stock, give Dana a call

Regards
    Daryl
    RD4 4G4368
    D4 7J9915SP
    R4 6G2554SP
    D4 2T6584SP
    D4 7U37855

May you always be in the right place at the right time with a fist full of Dollars

rax200

Thanks.

Gave them a call and got it ordered. I may have to look through their database for other parts.

The usual search engines don't seem to do well when it comes to finding parts and it seems there are some things you just can't find on Amazon.com. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Maybe Bruce Petty can chime in on this one. He is up there in Washington state as well.
    BP are you out there? Help a neighbor out. Haha. JM

Just saw this thread a minute ago. I might well have a gear, but it looks like I’m late to the party.

Big Ag Cat, where abouts are you located? Are you coming to Mogan’s plowing bee the 19th?

BP.
    Holt 45 power unit, Two Ton, Sixty (2), Diesel 40, No.11 AutoPatrol, 4G D4, 9U D6, 17R D6C, 9G D7, 7M D7, DW20.

I live in the Tri-cities. My tractor lives in the hills outside of the city limits south of Prosser.

I bought property there and am seeing what I can do with it.

I am pretty new here and new to owning a big chunk of metal capable of pushing or pulling basically anything.

So I don't really know much about what goes on with the community. I didn't even know there was a Mogan's plowing Bee until you mentioned it.

I am pretty much learning as I go.

Well then, welcome to eastern Washington! If you’re interested, there is a plowing bee the 19th at Dave and John Morgan’s. This will be the 21st year they’ve done it. It just north of Colfax, Wa on green hollow rd. If all goes as planned, we’ll have 4 Sixtys plowing together. There will be lots of other tractors there too.

If you’d like more information send me a Pm.

BP.
    Holt 45 power unit, Two Ton, Sixty (2), Diesel 40, No.11 AutoPatrol, 4G D4, 9U D6, 17R D6C, 9G D7, 7M D7, DW20.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce P View Post
    Well then, welcome to eastern Washington! If you’re interested, there is a plowing bee the 19th at Dave and John Morgan’s. This will be the 21st year they’ve done it. It just north of Colfax, Wa on green hollow rd. If all goes as planned, we’ll have 4 Sixtys plowing together. There will be lots of other tractors there too.

If you’d like more information send me a Pm.

BP.
    Hehe, I meant that I am new to the forums here and ownership of a piece of heavy equipment.

I'm 33 years old and have pretty much lived the majority of my life here in this part of Washington. Some of it in Twin Falls, ID. Some in Hermiston, OR, and some in Moses Lake. Basically my adult life so far has been only the Tri-Cities.