Thread: 60 scraper question

Tinfoil3 60 scraper question

What is the purpose of this hook on the drawbar? Is it to help lift it during hookup or aid in keeping turntable straight while backing up? My silly question for the day. JM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Hook??????????

Hi, Juiceman.
    The idea is that you hook up the cables first and then slip one of them, usually the bowl cable, under that hook to lift the scraper drawbar when connecting it to the tractor.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Default Thats sure right Deas !!

I also have a nice ol Cat 60 pan

My Bucyrus Erie scraper has a similar deal. It is more of a hooked arrangement, always thought that was pretty slick, the tongue is pretty hefty.

Default Thanks

Thanks fellers. I didnít want to be presumptuous! When I first got the scraper (thanks D4e) I thought it was a broken bracket of sorts, without looking closer. Parts book said it was a hook...
    Iím got some use from the scraper so far. Quite fun to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    What is the purpose of this hook on the drawbar? Is it to help lift it during hookup or aid in keeping turntable straight while backing up? My silly question for the day. JM
    Yíall got it right!

EF114B81-1ECC-4D32-950A-62320569FE7F.jpg5517196B-1958-4CC2-B7A2-FD2898519025.jpg

Kelly
    Old Caterpillar Watch Fob.

Without history, a society shares no common memory of where it has been, of what its core values are, or what decisions in the past account for the present circumstances.

Default Thanks, BUTTTT..............

Hi, Kelly.
    Thanks for the photos BUTTTTTT, I do hafta ask - "How many times d'yer see wunna them white dustcoats on a REAL operator out in the field?" LOL.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Somerset West, near Cape Town South Africa

Deas,

I was juss thinkin da very same thing about that "operateur" with the dust coat... (and I duzz very little thinking these days, having retired end of 2018 from my having-to-think-all-the-time IT job)

Watching some UK archive films of tractor demo's, one always see the demonstrator dressed in his jacket with collar and tie, looking like he's ready to go to court...

Up here in South Africa we have a saying to "get hold of the folks with the thick glasses wearing their white coats" when you get into a tricky situation..
    Somerset West, Cape Town
    South Africa

Default On own

Not so easy to hitch by your self !! even with white coat !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deas Plant. View Post
    Hi, Kelly.
    Thanks for the photos BUTTTTTT, I do hafta ask - "How many times d'yer see wunna them white dustcoats on a REAL operator out in the field?" LOL.

Just my 0.02.
    I have to say I donít recall seeing any of those guys around in the field.....maybe in the shop.
    But I do remember these guys,
    Ppl
    Kelly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelly; 10-23-2019 at 10:48 PM.
    Old Caterpillar Watch Fob.

Without history, a society shares no common memory of where it has been, of what its core values are, or what decisions in the past account for the present circumstances.