Thread: Duo cone seals?

Default Duo cone seals?

Hello planning to work on swapping tracks and sprockets between 9u and 44a D6b after Christmas. Not wanting to tie up a friends shop any longer than I have to I want to have parts ready. The D6b is new enough to have the duo cone seals and they do not appear to be leaking. Worried about damaging one removing sprockets. Cat dealer can get them for about $80 each(9g5313) but I see aftermarket ones for $26 on eBay. Any success with the aftermarket seals? Or is it best to stick with cat for these seals? Thanks, Mike

If you have part numbers I have had really good luck with off road equipment parts https://www.offroadeq.com/ 1 888-379-7895 for ordering parts. They usually have oem and aftermarket items cheaper than dealer and internet but as far as aftermarket or oem on the duo cone I can't help on that if it was a bigger price difference I would go with aftermarket but as much work as it is to get to them I would probably say oem maybe someone else can affirm

stick with OEM, the amount of work to change the seals far outweighs the cost of replacement, you would need 4 in total , 80 bucks each is only 320 dollars, and its a good couple of days work to get them apart and back in if the new ones leak, not to mention if they leak ini use and you run the final drive out of oil it can get a lot more expensive.

be prepared that you might have to change the outer bearing on the dead axle while your in there.

Default Duo-cone Replacement

Hi Team,
    at the Dealer on low budget jobs we used to fit new OEM seals behind the sprockets and the best PAIR of old ones or use new Will Fit parts at the outside if there were no good used pairs--easy and relatively cheap to get to if leaks occur.
    Keep your used seals in their worn in matched pairs--do not mix and match old singles.
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.

Thanks guys, ordered new cat seals from off road equipment. About $38 each delivered. Depending upon how the old seals look I like the idea of new seals inside and good used ones outside. Tractor will see limited use, less than ten hours per year so wanting to fix right but every dollar counts. Moved the B about 6-7 miles cross country and pulled the 9u that I want to use parts from down to a spot where they can be loaded onto the lowboy to go to the shop. Undercarriage looks good after towing about a mile.