Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat Sixty LeTourneau Bulldozers

Default Cat Sixty LeTourneau Bulldozers

Hello, I have a very early LeTourneau cable bulldozer for a cat Sixty. It was on my Best Sixty, but I want to put it on my Cat Sixty. My question is, does anyone have any pictures of the LeTourneau dozer setups on Sixty's? The overhead cable setup was really cobbled up and I want to re-do it, but i need some good pictures to go by. I seem to remember a book about Letourneau and all of his products, but not sure where I could find it. Thanks, Caterpillarman

Seems like I remember some pictures of those in the book “Endless Tracks in the Woods”. I can look if you don’t have a copy.

BP.
    Holt 45 power unit, Two Ton, Sixty (2), Diesel 40, No.11 AutoPatrol, 4G D4, 9U D6, 17R D6C, 9G D7, 7M D7, DW20.

Default 'Sauces'????????????????

Hi, Caterpillarman
    OZPHIL2 here on the BB might be able to help with that. He 'speaks' pretty fluent LeTourneau, has a book or 3 to his credit.

He has recently been active in this thread. You could try sending him a PM. Rattle his cage a bit.

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.p...ing-in-Turlock

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Bruce, I have endless tracks, I will take a look and see what I can find. Thanks!

The Caterpillar Sixty Photo Archive book may show some also.

The Caterpillar Sixty Photo Archive book has one picture on page 125 that may be a LeTourneau blade.

Endless Tracks in the Woods has pictures on pages 216, 217, 222 and 224 of Sixties with LeTourneau blades - not going to be much help.

Caterpillarman,

I have access to a Sixty with a LeTourneau blade on it. I should be able to get some pictures to post. Give me a week or two.

JanM

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Jan, pictures would be great.

Default Here are some pics.....

Caterpillarman,

Here are some pictures of ACMOC member Virgil White's 60 with blade. I hope these will help you with your questions.

DSCF6973.jpgDSCF6968.jpgDSCF6974.jpgDSCF6971.jpgDSCF6972.jpg

JanM

I have an original Letourneau master parts manual for their dozers. It lists all the Cat dozers starting in with the early RD Models. Cable control units going all the way back. It does not have a index listing for the 60s. I am quite sure your unit is in this 300 plus page book. Is there any numbers on your unit any where? Front or rear CCU unit? The CCU model number? Number of drums? The frames are different from one to the other. The photos and parts listing for each blade and mounting hardware has the Cats its fits listed on the page. I'm guessing a early D6 or D7 may be the right size. If you can find any component stamping or part numbers I would be willing to page thru and see what I can find and post the page. Straight and angle blade units are in separate sections so I will take all the info you can gather.

EDIT: What general area do you reside? I looked at the 60 picture in endless tracks with the forward arms going to the bottom of the radiator and that frame is not shown. This may be only diesels in this book?
    Last edited by old-iron-habit; 03-06-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon