Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Did I Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Deas Plant. View Post
    Hi, justallan.
    As I understand it, ccjersey is right about the oil for all the gearboxes except for the angle drive box where the lean wheel drive angles down to the front axle. It is my understanding that this box relies on grease from the various grease points flowing back into the box for the gear lubrication. So be sure to give it plenty.

Also, there are a LOTTT of adjustments in these old girls to cater for wear. You can find a rundown of most of them here:

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.p...s-Pre-G-series

Just my 0.02.
    Thank you.
    Looking this thing over, it sure seems that it was taken care of.
    Luckily I do have a power grease gun. I use it for farming and I guess now for this thing.

Default Zerks.

Hi, justallan.
    If my memory serves me rightly (it sometimes does{n't}), there should had oughta be about 104 zerks on that machine - INCLUDING 1 each side UNDER the clamps that hold the rear drive to the main frame, inboard of the tandem cases.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Iím just passing through. Maybe next time we can cross paths.

This little Indian town clearly doesnít have a leash law. Iíve never seen so many dogs roaming the neighborhood. Dogs everywhere. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Deas Plant. View Post
    Hi, justallan.
    If my memory serves me rightly (it sometimes does{n't}), there should had oughta be about 104 zerks on that machine - INCLUDING 1 each side UNDER the clamps that hold the rear drive to the main frame, inboard of the tandem cases.

Just my 0.02.
    WOW! I definitely will have to get a book. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Slick View Post
    Iím just passing through. Maybe next time we can cross paths.

This little Indian town clearly doesnít have a leash law. Iíve never seen so many dogs roaming the neighborhood. Dogs everywhere. LoL
    I travel that road quite often and it's always something new. I just about took out a handful of horses in the highway one night, a car abandoned in the middle of the road another night and people and dogs just where-ever. I try not to drive through the rez at night. I have some great friends that live on the rez, but it is always interesting down there. LOL