Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday Funday!

Default AC comparisons.

Hi, Neil.
    I didn't hava lot to do with ACs in my career but what little I did have and see led me to believe that they would mostly outwork the comparable model of Cat - - - WHILE they were working. They almost always had more horsepower and a little more weight but not the engineering that went into the Cats. Much like the Internationals of the time and the 'Kummagutsas' of later times.

Nice machines to operate, especially the dozers after they went to the Buda diesels but, like pretty much everything else, not a lotta fun when broken down and you hafta wrench on 'em.

Just my 0.02.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That HD11AG looks pretty good with the toolbar on it and looks like it would do D6/7 amount of work in the field
    Old ad I see. That’s a toolbar group for a D6 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Deas Plant. View Post
    Hi, Neil.
    I didn't hava lot to do with ACs in my career but what little I did have and see led me to believe that they would mostly outwork the comparable model of Cat - - - WHILE they were working. They almost always had more horsepower and a little more weight but not the engineering that went into the Cats. Much like the Internationals of the time and the 'Kummagutsas' of later times.

Nice machines to operate, especially the dozers after they went to the Buda diesels but, like pretty much everything else, not a lotta fun when broken down and you hafta wrench on 'em.

Just my 0.02.
    AC's were easier to work on than Cats. Known to be "faster", said to be "better all around" . I think all agreed Cats "held up better".