Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Wanted D4-7U oil cooler

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NY Catskill Mts
    Posts
    16

    Default Wanted D4-7U oil cooler

    I am looking for a source for a used D4-7U oil cooler. Mine is an early one so it should be part # 3H2171. I know I can order a new one but was looking for a cheaper option. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nw indiana, usa
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Why not bypass it? Its not needed.
    My engine & tractor video's, thanks 4 looking.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9X...view_as=public

    Stars & Stripes, My only garage and patio art.
    https://youtu.be/sGNjz8iCuc0

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    678

    Default

    D4 6U,1943 D4 2T,Laplant Choate C41 Carrimor Scraper

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bonita California
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Radiator Supply House just made me a new radiator for my D4 7U. It came out perfect. Also try F.P. Smith for the oil cooler, they have some in stock.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    4,141

    Default

    If you delete the cooler just remove the plunger valve 5B1691 and spring 5B3754 under the oil filter housing and install two plugs 6B2731 and gaskets 8B3410 where the oil cooler lines went on the filter housing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nw indiana, usa
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Maybe he needs to fill the space? If so, he can get someones low cost leaker and bypass it. I got a nonleaking original for $300 but will not guarantee it. With my luck (if i let it go) i'll come on a machine the i need to fill the hole and won't have 1. catskill u anywhere near greenville?
    My engine & tractor video's, thanks 4 looking.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9X...view_as=public

    Stars & Stripes, My only garage and patio art.
    https://youtu.be/sGNjz8iCuc0

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NY Catskill Mts
    Posts
    16

    Default Anywhere near greenville?

    Quote Originally Posted by ag-mike View Post
    Maybe he needs to fill the space? If so, he can get someones low cost leaker and bypass it. I got a nonleaking original for $300 but will not guarantee it. With my luck (if i let it go) i'll come on a machine the i need to fill the hole and won't have 1. catskill u anywhere near greenville?
    I'm on the other side of the mountains near the Neversink Reservoir. Now that I know I can bypass the oil cooler that is what I will do. I was going to run this machine up to the side of the road and put a for sale sign on it and oil started running out, just my luck. Always been a good runner not in bad shape but I have to sell most of my toys.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nw indiana, usa
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catskill View Post
    I'm on the other side of the mountains near the Neversink Reservoir. Now that I know I can bypass the oil cooler that is what I will do. I was going to run this machine up to the side of the road and put a for sale sign on it and oil started running out, just my luck. Always been a good runner not in bad shape but I have to sell most of my toys.
    by pass it correctly, there are post or stickies here on proper procedure. hope someone can find most concise/informative posting.
    be a wise, safe and strong operator. good luck.
    My engine & tractor video's, thanks 4 looking.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9X...view_as=public

    Stars & Stripes, My only garage and patio art.
    https://youtu.be/sGNjz8iCuc0

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    4,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rome K/G View Post
    If you delete the cooler just remove the plunger valve 5B1691 and spring 5B3754 under the oil filter housing and install two plugs 6B2731 and gaskets 8B3410 where the oil cooler lines went on the filter housing.
    Hello? I'll say it again.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nw indiana, usa
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rome K/G View Post
    Hello? I'll say it again.
    i just talked to him.
    he ain't got a parts book.
    like alot hobby operators!
    My engine & tractor video's, thanks 4 looking.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9X...view_as=public

    Stars & Stripes, My only garage and patio art.
    https://youtu.be/sGNjz8iCuc0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •