Thread: Mighty D4 Running on 3 Cylinders

Default Mighty D4 Running on 3 Cylinders

The Mighty D4 isnít hitting on #4. I cracked the injection lines at the pumps and #4 pump seemed weak. So I changed the injection pump making sure it was timed with the original one. Itís still l not hitting on #4 so Iím thinking the injector must be plugged. The book says to use the Cat drill bit to clean it. If Iím on the right track at solving this problem what size drill bit is needed? Any other suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default edb says #28

Mike-

Edb (Eddie) addressed that in a recent (no more than two/three days ago. See his response in the 'slobbering' thread:

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.p...ng-D311-engine

How are things going with you? Are you home for a while?

I haven't seen the Garlic Crew for several weeks. If you're in town now give Pete a call.

Marianne and I are just pretty much just 'isolating' (I pretty much retired a couple of years ago).

Daron

P.S. You might check that you don't have a valve sticking.

I might try to move that injector to another hole and see if the miss follows it, then you will know for sure.

Thanks for the link Daron, congratulations on your retirement. I spent 2 months on the east coast unloading Harley on the weekends and exploring back roads while being C19 cautious. We were in Atlanta the first night the riots broke. I got a load going west and been home since. Donít want no part of those rioting idiots cuz Iíll run their ass over before I get drug out and head smashed in. Thanks to Trump PPP money for the trucking business has allowed us to stay home and RZR ride.

Joe, I started engine with injector out. It squirt then dribbled. Iím going to switch them and try it again. All the valves looked good.
    Last edited by Oil Slick; 07-10-2020 at 10:21 AM.

I'm just glad to hear the Mighty D4 is still in use today, I remember watching the build of the blade back in the day, hope you sort it out quickly.

Mike--you still have the power wagon?? I thought "lost it"
    Cat 941B, Cat D2 4U, Cat D3B, Cat D4 7U, Cat D6 9U

Iíve sold everything to buy my truck but the Mighty D4, Power Wagon and trailer are keepers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Slick View Post
    Iíve sold everything to buy my truck but the Mighty D4, Power Wagon and trailer are keepers.
    Way to go Mike. Don't sell the toys or no reason to come home. Give a yell if you get a Minnesota load some day.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon