- Posts: 4859
- Thank you received: 197
I still have all of the undercarriage to refurbish:
- fix up the front of the track frames like you did / replace the worn / bent part
- make a new pedestal for the carrier rollers
- make the new mounts for the new rollers
- find another sprocket that's not worn in the splines and fit my new sprocket rings
- find or replace the "slicks" pads
- the pivot shaft and bearings
- make new mounts for the track frame covers
- refurbish the idlers and replace the idler brackets with good - mine are all seized up and I'm running out of fortitude to fix them : )
I don't have a shop so I have to hack away at this stuff in a piecemeal fashion unfortunately but I will farm some of it out so that will get it done faster than if I did it myself. One thing I wanted to figure out is whether I can fit 5 D3 rollers on my current frames, possibly by giving up some idler retraction
Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club
P.O. Box 9301
Peoria, IL 61612
"I signed up again, 3 year. Membership has more then paid for itself in troubleshooting and advice."
- Daniel O
"I became a member recently because the wealth of knowledge here is priceless."
- Chris R
"I also joined a year ago. had been on here a couple of times as a non-member and found the info very helpful so I got a one year subscription (not very expensive at all) to try it out. I really like all the resources on here so I just got a three year. I think its a very small price for what you can get out of this site."
- Jason N